This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    you sound like a grumpy old man Barry. lololol.

uhh, no. judge for yourself.
    Brad - this interior is so f'in sexy!
    - Frank
    '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
    http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
    Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

Comment

Originally posted by poorhouse View Post
      white/red, silver/red, black/red, all classic combos imo.

Colored interiors are polarizing, either you like them or you don't.

I'm a fan, red, blue, green, love them. Better than another boring black interior.
      yes.

Comment

We swapped out the black interior in one of the 318i's for cardinal and never looked back. Still have a coupe cardinal interior as well, just need a car to put it in, or sell it..

And yes, non-black interiors are very polarizing - but done right can make a car stand out in a good way. Except tan.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
          It works on the slightly later cars that have it with the black carpet and speaker shelves. It's a little much when everything is red imo.
          Even then it clashes and seems out of place to me.

you sound like a grumpy old man Barry. lololol.

uhh, no. judge for yourself.
          Haha, I'm not bitching about it though...just making an observation. Many people opted to swap from Natur/beige/cardinal to black. I believe it also had to do with how well black interior wears over time and one could hide cracks/blemishes with shoe polish. Natur/beige/cardinal would change color and looked terrible when worn. Black interior also looks good on any color car.

I think the reason it looks out of place to me is because the dash, consoles (and sometimes carpet) are all dark gray/black. It's not like the extended leather cars in europe that had color matched dash/glovebox consoles and steering wheel. There's not even a hint of it anywhere forward. At the same time, would all red be too much? Probably, so you're right it is very polarizing. I would love to see the above interior with a cardinal leather wrapped dash, console, glovebox. I think that would really set it off.
          Last edited by reelizmpro; 09-27-2017, 12:12 PM.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Righteous.
            Natur wears like crap. So do pearl indigo and grey. Black and cardinal stay paint matched.

After I redid my vert in Natur+houndstooth I redyed the carpets and color matched the kick panels, arm rests, map pockets and rear quarter trim. The color matching had an incredible impact - complete interior transformation.

Last edited by bradnic; 09-27-2017, 02:11 PM.
            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Brad, your interior is almost exactly as what my buddy is doing in his Touring (natur+houndstooth.) It's a stellar combo IMHO, but I think any color when maintained can look good. There is a spotless Bronzit with Tan interior E30 in the Portland area that just looks amazing and it gets a crazy amount of looks at the shows. But again, it has to be maintained...
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

^ this.
                ok topic closed. don't want to piss off @mrdeezy
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

^ this.
                  ok topic closed. don't want to piss off @mrdeezy
                  He's probably gone. He doesnt own an E30 anymore... unless he's looking for more 318is' to flip

And besides this is sort of relevant to the only E30 thats on BaT right now

also: I like my Natur interior... Im thinking about going to an "extended leather" type enhancement of my interior...
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I randomly came across my old e21 I saved from some random lot in DC. Guy bought it at auction, super sketchy on the title because it was transferred too many times. I found the original owner and asked him to fill out a legit bill of sale. With both documents I went to to the MVA and everything was handled just fine. Took me awhile to do this so it sat in my backyard for about a year. Once it was titled I drove it around for a 4-5 months, but I just could never get really into it. It handled like an archaic car and it was slow as all hell. I sold it for $2600 to a guy in Philly. He really cleaned up the paint (it was a decent repaint) and I think he did the wooden wheel and shift knob.

I see my red push start is still there. I had to drill out the ignition because the steering was locked. Sketchy lot guy had tried to force it and broke it or something, can't quite remember. It wouldn't engage the starter so I wired in a radio shack momentary switch.

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1983 BMW 320i at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,784.

AWD > RWD

Comment

Gonna mimic Jimmy's opinion I used to dislike the color combo, but I have grown to like it. I have a calypso over natural now on a halfer and it's kinda cool. I have a complete m-tech interior for it but have been debating swapping it in.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Righteous.
                        Natur wears like crap. So do pearl indigo and grey. Black and cardinal stay paint matched.

After I redid my vert in Natur+houndstooth I redyed the carpets and color matched the kick panels, arm rests, map pockets and rear quarter trim. The color matching had an incredible impact - complete interior transformation.

Absolutely gorgeous interior....wow!

Comment

Yeah, that is stunning.
                          1991 318iC
                          1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

We got some new ones. I think the TechoViolet iX was for sale here too

Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 325ix 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #6,213.

The other is a S52 swapped Touring

Bid for the chance to own a S52-Powered 1989 BMW 320i Touring 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #6,221.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

If I remember correctly, the 325iX was Daytona Violet, and it was Stonea's buddy.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

That's what it was..

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=396833

Was going to see if it was the same car.

But that one was Silver before and the BAT one is claimed to have been Red originally.
                                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                                X