Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always thought it was in poor taste that people will put on a tuner badge yet have little to no parts from said tuner. At least have some ACS rep ESM's or something. It is the correct badge though which is worth a bit.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

My ACS 3.5 is for sale...
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

sorry to hear this. seems like such a nice car.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
          I've always thought it was in poor taste that people will put on a tuner badge yet have little to no parts from said tuner. At least have some ACS rep ESM's or something. It is the correct badge though which is worth a bit.

BAT really seems to not give a sh*t about it's reputation at this point.
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

There are still some good deals on BAT.

I am going out to Jersey to pick this one up soon. Put a deposit down on it this morning.

Bid for the chance to own a 2001 BMW M5 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #8,554.
            sigpic
            Gun control means using both hands
            Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post

I am going out to Jersey to pick this one up soon. Put a deposit down on it this morning.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m5-37/
              Sold though it didn't meet the reserve? Interesting. Nice car though, do love the e39m5.
              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

I'm guessing dag purchased it directly from the seller after the auction. I didn't read through the ad other than looking at a couple of the pics, but the New Jersey thing scares me a bit as far as future rust potential. it is indeed a beautiful car.

godspeed!
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m5-37/
                  Nice! I would say that's about market value on that. Good buy! For whatever reason, e34 and e39 M5's that aren't super low mile/rare color/etc don't get the BaT mark-up
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Two verts got posted up.

Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW 325i Convertible at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #8,672.

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1985 BMW 323i Baur TC at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #8,682.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

..how uninteresting.
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                        I'm guessing dag purchased it directly from the seller after the auction. I didn't read through the ad other than looking at a couple of the pics, but the New Jersey thing scares me a bit as far as future rust potential. it is indeed a beautiful car.

godspeed!
                        I am getting it for his reserve of $16K. About the same as I paid for my 2001 M Coupe a couple of years back.

Getting a car from that part of the country does make me nervous with respect to rust, but the pictures of the underside do make it look pretty good. Looks like some surface rust on a few screw heads but nothing really worth worrying about. The benefit to it is that the interior, seals, and weatherstripping are not all dried out like a car from here would be.

The biggest knock against it was the rebuild on the motor which likely was not a full rebuild. One of the rod bearings spun resulting in the crank being machined and oversized bearings being installed.

Receipts show the clutch being replaced recently, most suspension components, and several other items. Left to do is new diff bushings and seals.
                        sigpic
                        Gun control means using both hands
                        Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          The S52 racecar sold for $14k... I think that is a low number, am I alone?
                          hell yeah it was low number. I wish I got few grand more. But at least buyer was very happy when he picked up the car. I pretty much buried him with extra spare parts. Guy did not expect it at all LOL.
                          1990 e30 325is S50 swap (NASA GTS2 race car)
                          1990 e30 325is
                          1988 e30 M3 S50 euro swap

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            ..how uninteresting.
                            looks like thats how the general bidding public feels too... both are currently under $5k and they both end today, one in the next 20 minutes
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

15-20 years ago, it was the complete opposite.
                              Minty verts were selling at e30m3 prices here in Canada.
                              Whereas lowly 325is's and Mtech coups were less sought after.

oh, how the times have changed
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                looks like thats how the general bidding public feels too... both are currently under $5k and they both end today, one in the next 20 minutes
                                They ended about where they are worth.

Baur's are probably the most divisive E30 body style. People either really like them, or think they are fugly. Even people I know who have decent sized E30 collections, said they will never own one. I've seen a few pass around for sub 10K now, and it doesn't look like they are going to be increasing in value at the same rate as say a 318is or anything else at this point.
                                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                                X