Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you still have the awesome body, but....

Looks like a r3v member ( earthwormjim) won the touring auction, but IIRC he was looking for a BAR legal car and I think he's about to find out the hard way that registering that car in CA will be "fun"
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I knew it. Fixed rear windows on an 88? silver A pillar on a DS car? antenna delete? regular 318/325 windshield and gasket?

Must have been some snow load.

It all makes sense. Someone sold off the 75k mile S14, 5 lug, the shell, etc. someone bought it, repaired it with 318/325 parts and are now selling. Not the end of the world but should be known. At least the frame is straight.
      Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-08-2016, 03:37 PM.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I think I know who sold this, there was a complete e30m3 suspension setup billed as a 5 lug swap that sold for 3 grand on the PNW E30 group, maybe 2 months ago?
        sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
          I knew it. Fixed rear windows on an 88? silver A pillar on a DS car? antenna delete? regular 318/325 windshield and gasket?

Must have been some snow load.

It all makes sense. Someone sold off the 75k mile S14, 5 lug, the shell, etc. someone bought it, repaired it with 318/325 parts and are now selling. Not the end of the world but should be known. At least the frame is straight.
          Haha. My E30 M susp came off this car when it got parted out about a decade ago. There was something familiar about this car.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Looks like a r3v member ( earthwormjim) won the touring auction, but IIRC he was looking for a BAR legal car and I think he's about to find out the hard way that registering that car in CA will be "fun"
            If that Touring is as rust free as advertised, $13k was a deal. Based on the early bidding, I thought it would go for $15k+. Until my new garage is finished, I don't have a place to hide another car from my wife, so I could not bid. Hopefully, I'll be in the market when earthwormjim gives up on the Cali Commies and needs to dump the Touring.

Cory
            1992 325i Cabrio
            1988 320i Touring
            2000 M5
            1977 530i
            2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
            BMWCCA
            E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Haha. My E30 M susp came off this car when it got parted out about a decade ago. There was something familiar about this car.
              I was figuring Bill didn't own it any more.

Curious which shop it is though. West Lake?
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Group 2 Motorsports.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  Group 2 Motorsports.
                  Interesting - because on BAT, usually the seller replies to the listing and it indicates it in the comments. But I saw a bunch of comments from Gr2 that didn't show as the seller.
                  2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    Interesting - because on BAT, usually the seller replies to the listing and it indicates it in the comments. But I saw a bunch of comments from Gr2 that didn't show as the seller.
                    It's definitely at group 2 and they know a lot about it. I skimmed the ad and saw their name and just assumed. I could be wrong...

Comment

From their last response, it sounds like it's been bounced around a lot since Bill owned it, and it's probably been attempted to make right a few times. It would be great if it found a forever home, but at that price it's not my garage.. :)
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Well that silver M3 got real on price quickly. Got a feeling that's going to go for crazy money..
                        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

The car has been sold multiple times before him yet he's sure the registry is false? Surely a collapsed roof would write off an M3 rather than a fender.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            Well that silver M3 got real on price quickly. Got a feeling that's going to go for crazy money..
                            The ebay 325iS M3 conversion? Nevermind. I see it now. Henryr dropped the mic on these guys with his $25k bid lol. 3k to 25k just like that and it just got listed.
                            Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-09-2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

The car has been sold multiple times before him yet he's sure the registry is false? Surely a collapsed roof would write off an M3 rather than a fender.
                              Agreed with you 100000%.

Comment

Agreed. A fender with no frame damage would never total a 325i let alone an m3...

Comment

Working...
                                X