Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or does this car seem to have a lot of loose ends? A few that stand out to me are the dirty engine bay, poorly fitted wheels and fender damage. There are several cosmetic issues with the interior that could be fixed easily too. Its not very well done at all. No hard feelings to the owner but I believe it needs much more work to pull a 10-11k price tag...

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

The fact that it's based off a regular I and not an IS leaves a lot of upgrades on the table still. I asked the winning bidder where he lives and he said he was in L.A. Maybe they are seeing a lot of surprises when they show up and they would rather lose ~$500 than be stuck with a pile. That seller always seemed a little shady to me
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah, I'd guess they showed up to get it and walked away due to misrepresentations/discrepancies.

My M3 left Saturday night en route to Seattle. Nice little road trip through Yellowstone and the PNW for the new owner.

Comment

I wonder if they didn't pay close attention to the comments and thought the car was BAR certified. The ad mentions fresh smog but the comments on BaT said he hadn't barred it and questioned whether it would even pass certification.

Comment

He was open about the "smog in hand" but there's a lot of things that are still needed. Open diff, comfort seats, etc...
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

He was open about having a smog but did not state in the ad it is not Legal as is, he posted in the comments about it after being asked. I agree though even if it were barred there is a lot that feels half done not a top dollar car.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
                So purrrrty

1973 2002 - S14b23
                Grover's 02 is one on my personal "top 5" list. It is one of the most well thought-out 02's I've seen.
                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by rommaster2 View Post
                  He was open about having a smog but did not state in the ad it is not Legal as is, he posted in the comments about it after being asked. I agree though even if it were barred there is a lot that feels half done not a top dollar car.
                  When a car is BAR certified, they will let it be known...believe me. It's a big deal here. It will have BAR CERTIFIED or BAR LEGAL in all caps in the title of the ad. It would be mentioned a few times in the body as well. If the owner has gone thru the trouble to get it legalized, the car at least mechanically is probably well sorted and done right. I think that's huge for people unfamiliar with these cars.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Got a pretty nice touring and a modified 87 iS added to the list now. I think the touring will do well, curious about the 87 though, but it's already at $4100
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

First things to catch my eye about the 87 iS were the ESMs, eBay tails, tucked bumpers and lack of that year's (awesome) valence.

I doubt it will fetch "proper iS money" to use as an example in the pricing averages, especially considering that awesome schwarz survivor went for only $5k.
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Im with you, wheels and taillights are relatively easy fixes, but that missing cow catcher will be nearly impossible to replace... Plus it has a-pillar rust
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

I'm yearning hard for this touring.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            that missing cow catcher will be nearly impossible to replace...
                            If people weren't so cheap, they are easy to replace. I have one sitting on the side of the garage I am about to take a saw to so I can throw it away.

Tired of dealing with people too cheap to pay for shipping, so in the trash it goes..
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Just hide it, eventually people will want to go back to an original one and nobody will have one
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Just hide it, eventually people will want to go back to an original one and nobody will have one
                                Nope, they are too much of a PITA to store. And for me, it's not worth sitting on.

The last one I cut up, I offered it for free, and nobody wanted it, so it went bye-bye. This one if no one claims it before the weekend will get the same treatment.
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X