X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold in January and is back already!

1989 325iS
    Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #116,300.

1989 325i Convertible
    Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #116,334.
    Last edited by 2mAn; 08-02-2023, 12:33 PM.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

So they bought a nice unmolested late model, fixed a few things but couldnt figure out the AC. Installed some questionable "OEM+" bullshit and now it's back. IDK if this dude is gonna make anything on this endeavor.

Comment

I feel like the January sale set the value of the car. All the other mods and repairs are just stuff that's expected to work, not something that increases its value. We'll see how my theory plays out.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by calypso rot View Post
          So they bought a nice unmolested late model, fixed a few things but couldnt figure out the AC. Installed some questionable "OEM+" bullshit and now it's back. IDK if this dude is gonna make anything on this endeavor.
          Looks to me like the current seller brought this car with the intention of hooning it, found out how much of a money pit and a hooptie the car was, and is now looking to dump it onto the next unfortunate buyer (well maybe not so an unfortunate buyer given a BAT bidders, probably just a rich idiot). The fact that he only drove the car 500 miles and the fact that he threw on aftermarket exhaust/suspension/seat mods instead of fixing the AC is a major red flag to me.
          1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
          1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

The dude who bought that m3 evo ii has won 27 BAT auctions since March of 2022

Comment

1986 Hartge H26
              Bid for the chance to own a 1986 BMW 325i Hartge H26 SP 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #116,508.
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

The dude who bought that m3 evo ii has won 27 BAT auctions since March of 2022
                Bring a Trailer Auctions is the best place to buy and sell vintage and classic vehicles - Porsche, BMW, Land Rover, and more.

Dude's collection is insane... and growing by the day it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Il Duce View Post

Bring a Trailer Auctions is the best place to buy and sell vintage and classic vehicles - Porsche, BMW, Land Rover, and more.

Dude's collection is insane... and growing by the day it seems.
                  I’ve never understood the idea behind collecting cars, unless you’re doing it for investing purposes (which in itself is a might not even pay off when you consider how much it costs to store those cars, only exceptions being some really rare cars that skyrocket in price every year). When you have 20 (or whatever number) cars, you’re not going to drive more than 4 of them (I’ve heard this from a guy who has a Bugatti and a McLaren in his collection). I just pick the best condition example that I can find of a car I like and drive it as much as possible. Having it sit in a garage and driving it only 50 miles a year (if that) is in no way pleasurable
                  1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                  1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post

I’ve never understood the idea behind collecting cars, unless you’re doing it for investing purposes (which in itself is a might not even pay off when you consider how much it costs to store those cars, only exceptions being some really rare cars that skyrocket in price every year). When you have 20 (or whatever number) cars, you’re not going to drive more than 4 of them (I’ve heard this from a guy who has a Bugatti and a McLaren in his collection). I just pick the best condition example that I can find of a car I like and drive it as much as possible. Having it sit in a garage and driving it only 50 miles a year (if that) is in no way pleasurable
                    he could be a business and is just churning them. BaT has become notorious for it. i've heard DeMuro is trying to chase the same thing away from his site. not sure how true that is as both places make piles off that activity.

Comment

"
                      Not much action on this one. Was at 6800 dollars until couple hours left someone put a bid for what it sold for in January. Predictably "Reserve not met" and on and on she goes

Comment

1987 325i Convertible
                        Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1987 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #117,162.

1987 325is
                        Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1987 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #117,185.
                        Last edited by 2mAn; 08-10-2023, 08:29 AM.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

1991 318i Touring
                          Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1991 BMW 318i Touring at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #117,378.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

1991 325iX
                            Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1991 BMW 325iX Coupe 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #117,573.

S50- Swapped 1988 325iS
                            Bid for the chance to own a S50-Powered 1988 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #117,672.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Maybe I'm out of the loop, but $25,300 seems like a strong price for this car (high mileage, modified, color change). Strange the way the seller referred to the new dash as "reproduction." From one of his posts, I think it was because the finish of the last batch of dashes from BMW was different than the original finish. Still strange.

Also, does Maxilite make wheels for Alpina? The auction referred to "Maxilite Alpina" and just "Aplina" wheels. Nowhere was reproduction, copy or "Alpina style" mentioned.

1992 325i Cabrio
                              1988 320i Touring
                              2000 M5
                              1977 530i
                              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                              BMWCCA
                              E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but $25,300 seems like a strong price for this car (high mileage, modified, color change). Strange the way the seller referred to the new dash as "reproduction." From one of his posts, I think it was because the finish of the last batch of dashes from BMW was different than the original finish. Still strange.

Also, does Maxilite make wheels for Alpina? The auction referred to "Maxilite Alpina" and just "Aplina" wheels. Nowhere was reproduction, copy or "Alpina style" mentioned.
                                I was thinking the same thing but if the paint work was done well I guess it's worth it. Still funny to see someone spend so much to go from Bronzit to Delphin. The 2 kicked to the curb colors when these cars were cheap haha

Comment

Working...
                                X