Clear All

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
    added
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

interested to see this vert go. That 318is made me hurt a little inside for the owner
      Originally posted by blunttech
      Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
      :shock:

Comment

Man, how did I miss the M3 that sold for $13K and change?!
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
          Man, how did I miss the M3 that sold for $13K and change?!

Full race car with a slight crash history, but STILL worth it
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I think a lot of people slept on that one. There was hardly any last minute bids like there usually are.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

You have to remember a good many of the bidders on BAT are looking at it from an investment point of view. That M3 needed a lot to bring back to stock, and as a race car, you are limited to Vintage, unless you just do track days. So a very small pool of perspective buyers.

The price was low, but at the same time, it's probably not going to gain nearly as much realized value down the road if the owner does decide to sell it..
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Now I really need to give my iX some aesthetic love, lets hope it gets warmer here in IL and take some new pictures. It snowed here last night. Last weekend it was 65deg and I washed the car and finally took out the power washer and gave the exterior a quick blast.

I was pretty surprised / happy to see my car on BAT not an auction.

Learn more about 65K-Mile Driver: 1989 BMW 325iX Automatic on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.
                1989 325iX Zinnoberrot/Black 65k miles

Comment

Yea, some love and better pics would certainly help your cause. Those rims kill the look, just looks unmaintained or cared for. I saw in the comments that the pics were old, but a buyer may miss that... Plus then people want new pics.

Need interior and engine pics, if those are selling points. And pics of where rust would typically be. Everyone assumes major rust on these, so if you can address that it would help.

(Btw, I'm the guy that emailed asking for info on your offers for my soon to be for sale IX. All roads lead to RV3, I guess.)

Originally posted by steven g View Post
                  Now I really need to give my iX some aesthetic love, lets hope it gets warmer here in IL and take some new pictures. It snowed here last night. Last weekend it was 65deg and I washed the car and finally took out the power washer and gave the exterior a quick blast.

I was pretty surprised / happy to see my car on BAT not an auction.

http://bringatrailer.com/2017/03/01/...5ix-automatic/

Comment

You need more pics, wash, clay, and wax the car before, clean the wheels, interior pics, engine bay pics, under carriage pics. You're asking $7000 (which seems reasonable) but that takes people a few months of labor to make. You can spend 3-4 hours cleaning up your car properly in order to ask that kind of money.

I'd lowball the hell out of you because if you can't clean your wheels to sell it, you probably can't maintain it either.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

I appreciate eveyone's comments and I'll be replacing the pictures in the Craigslist ad with new clean car pictures

Comment

And vacuum the interior before taking interior pics.
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                          You're asking $7000 (which seems reasonable) but that takes people a few months of labor to make.
                          On the money with that comment. So many people selling cars forget this fact. Not saying OP is guilty of this, but I've seen a lot of lazy listings where it's like "Hey, I can't be bothered to spend a Saturday cleaning this car up, but I want a whole paycheck of yours for it."
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

New pictures are now posted in my Craigslist ad.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                              I'd lowball the hell out of you because if you can't clean your wheels to sell it, you probably can't maintain it either.
                              This is the real gem.

Realize this applies to insurance claims as well, the adjuster cares how it's presented.
                              Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                              A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by steven g View Post
                                New pictures are now posted in my Craigslist ad.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
                                Link? Might want to message BAT that you updated it.

Also, a little SEM Trim Black on the front grill and cowl vents will do wonders for the presentation.
                                Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                                A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
                                X