Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what he said, I think the reserve was 37 or 38 on the M3. He said it was less than 5k away from the reserve. I'm sure the top bidder and him will work it out, and maybe split the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I think both are in talks to be sold privately actually. Im hoping the 87-IS shows up here, because a R3V member is in line to purchase it.

Also, a '90 Vert is added to the list, complete with period correct Borbet Type Cs & car phone haha
      Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,937.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a S52-Powered 1992 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,950.

Whats everyones thoughts on the black 325 vert just posted? I have a friend that is REALLY interested in it.
        Steve • Toronto
        1991 318is • Brillantrot
        Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
          https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-bmw-325-7/

Whats everyones thoughts on the black 325 vert just posted? I have a friend that is REALLY interested in it.
          Sure looks a lot like this car....

Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Lots of clean up done if it was.

I think it looks great, but it is the type of car I would want to see in person before buying. Engine swap, paint job, seats recovered, everything on the car has been touched. Maybe it was all done to a high standard, I would need to see it and confirm.
            1991 318iC
            1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Surprised it went from almost $2k to $6k with one bidder. I wonder if that was to scare a lot of people off.
              Steve • Toronto
              1991 318is • Brillantrot
              Build Thread

Comment

It is a tactic - put in a high first bid to try and scare off the other buyers, and then there are no further bids (and you get it cheaper than you would have).

Happens at house auctions quite often - if anyone bids over their initial bid, they don't bid again.
                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                  It is a tactic - put in a high first bid to try and scare off the other buyers, and then there are no further bids (and you get it cheaper than you would have).

Happens at house auctions quite often - if anyone bids over their initial bid, they don't bid again.
                  What do you think the final price would be? I'm guessing max $11k USD but thats only because BAT crowds don't seem to like putting out top dollars for engine swapped E30's.
                  Steve • Toronto
                  1991 318is • Brillantrot
                  Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I'm going to say that's a different car. I could be wrong as I haven't found the smoking gun yet, but look at the details:

-BaT auction is for a 1992, r3v for sale ad is a 1991.
                    -BaT auction states the swap was done at "Raval Auto" and the r3v car was done at CATuned
                    -BaT car has a tan interior. r3v car has black interior... a quick run of the vin indicates the BaT car originally had tan interior (0295)
                    -BaT car says it was repainted original Schwarz II black four years ago - r3v car is clearly Diamantschwarz as of January this year per the ad.
                    -BaT car has been owned since 2015 as the 4th owner, r3v car was purchased in 2014 as the 3rd owner.
                    -In the exhaust section, the r3v car says it has an OEM M3 OBD1 cat. The BaT listing confirms that car does not have a catalyst.
                    -The r3v car is 4-lug, BaT car is 5 lug with E30 M3 rear suspension

There are a lot of little differences that *could have* been changed, but they seem to add up to a different car with many similarities. The r3v car has an incredibly clean and new-looking coolant bottle, where the BaT car has an old faded weathered one. Suspension, wheels, interior, steering wheel, etc are all different...
                    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Also, a '90 Vert is added to the list, complete with period correct Borbet Type Cs & car phone haha
                      https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-bmw-325i-15/
                      I have a full BMW car phone setup including console, mount, rear electronics.. everyone talks about convert the handset to a bluetooth headset.. is it really that interesting to folks?
                      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                        I'm going to say that's a different car. I could be wrong as I haven't found the smoking gun yet, but look at the details...
                        edit: nevermind...

They are different cars. Quite ironic though, and I still have my suspicions
                        Last edited by 2mAn; 09-13-2017, 07:58 AM.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Yeah they are eerily similar. Both started out life as MT2 automatics that received a S52 with OBD1.
                          '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                            Yeah they are eerily similar. Both started out life as MT2 automatics that received a S52 with OBD1.
                            Fairly common.
                            sigpic
                            Gun control means using both hands
                            Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

yummy...

Bid for the chance to own a M62-Powered 1986 BMW 325e at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,968.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Bad time to sell or buy a car from Florida.
                                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                                X