Not bad!
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
        Sold for $8,200
        Guess my cabrio is worth more than I thought!
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

Brilliantrot 318is added
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Brilliantrot 318is added
            Very interested to see how this finishes. Almost the same as mine, except mine doesn't have the upgraded brakes or suspension, and has black interior.

As a reference - I purchased mine for $4,400 CDN back in August '16.
            Steve • Toronto
            1991 318is • Brillantrot
            Build Thread

Comment

Yeah, I think the 318is is riding a bit of a bubble right now. BAT is definitely doing their part to help inflate it, which is not a bad thing for those who already own them.

It'll be interesting to see if at the end of the summer E30 prices remain high. I'm guessing it's a little cabin fever and the run up to summer that's helping prices on some.

On a parallel note - it's 5 series week apparently - M5, Alpina, 540i (E34) and a couple E39's for good measure. Guess I better get the White Whale out of mothballs and cleaned up to sell.
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

It looks like a pretty decent looking car. Should easily clear 5k I think it will end in the 7-8 range
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  It looks like a pretty decent looking car. Should easily clear 5k I think it will end in the 7-8 range
                  It's already over 5k

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
                    It's already over 5k
                    Up to $7k now...
                    Steve • Toronto
                    1991 318is • Brillantrot
                    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                      Up to $7k now...
                      The last 318is didn't get over $7K until the next to last day of the auction. I am surprised how fast this one has been bid up still being 6 days out of the auction closing. It will be interested to see how this plays out.

The last 318is went for $8,900 and had $13K over maintenance work over the past 3 years which included rebuilding the motor and had 231K on the clock.

This 318is has about $10k in recent maintenance/refurb work with 205K.

Both seem to be well sorted cars. The euro weaves, Mtech II wheel and Stromung exhaust are all nice subtle mods on the red one....Seems like the bidders like them as well.
                      1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                      1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                      September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                      Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        Yeah, I think the 318is is riding a bit of a bubble right now. BAT is definitely doing their part to help inflate it, which is not a bad thing for those who already own them.

It'll be interesting to see if at the end of the summer E30 prices remain high. I'm guessing it's a little cabin fever and the run up to summer that's helping prices on some.
                        You realize how foreign the whole "no sports cars during the winter" thing sounds to people who live in places like Texas and California, right. Just saying, that doesn't apply to a large amount of the auto enthusiast community.

Fair points though.
                        1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

This particular 318is is close to the most desirable 318is, being Brillantrot. It also has original paint and supposedly no rust, which shouldn't be underestimated.

I'll go out and say it will set a high price for a higher-mileage 318is and clear $12k, obligatory 20% BaT tax included. People see that resale red and just can't help themselves.
                          Last edited by c0rbin9; 03-10-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I think increasingly E30s are being noticed by a demographic with more resources. For a long time people saw 318s and 325s as just the non-M3 scraps, but now I think the market is realizing that they have a charm all their own. I personally prefer the cleaner styling of the base cars to the M3's box flares.

Comment

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
                              I think increasingly E30s are being noticed by a demographic with more resources. For a long time people saw 318s and 325s as just the non-M3 scraps, but now I think the market is realizing that they have a charm all their own. I personally prefer the cleaner styling of the base cars to the M3's box flares.
                              well, its good to hear someone with that opinion. personally, i don't think there was a better styled bmw than the m3. i think the box fenders make the car look fast sitting still.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                                This is the real gem.

Realize this applies to insurance claims as well, the adjuster cares how it's presented.

Haha someone who gets it! As someone who did field appraisals on cars for 5+ years in some rather difficult areas... If I'm writing an estimate on your car that looks like a rolling trash dump, you can bet that's exactly how I'm going to run my valuation too. So don't come crying to me because you didn't get top dollar for your "show car" because it has Tire Rack wheels and a Wal-Mart sound system, and hasn't seen a hose or vacuum cleaner since it left the dealer!

:hitler:

/rant off I'm done now
                                -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                                '95 525iT
                                '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                                '98 Disco 1

Comment

Working...
                                X