Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$20k is a decent amount. Great that it broke that too so they will have to accept higher reserves since they are reaching it.

Wheres this new guy live?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      $20k is a decent amount. Great that it broke that too so they will have to accept higher reserves since they are reaching it.

Wheres this new guy live?
      I agree. People obviously are paying this kind of money for these cars, so IMHO, the reserve should be going higher. I think my car would have fetched more, had the whole CA smog thing not gone down the way it did.

Car is going to Chicago, which is great. Generally, when I sell cars, I don't want to see them again. Haha
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Chuck a turbs on the black sewing machine and miss it not.
        Last edited by Habla; 02-01-2018, 10:29 PM.
        -Peter
        '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
        '91 318is slicktop project
        '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
        '00 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          I agree. People obviously are paying this kind of money for these cars, so IMHO, the reserve should be going higher. I think my car would have fetched more, had the whole CA smog thing not gone down the way it did.

Car is going to Chicago, which is great. Generally, when I sell cars, I don't want to see them again. Haha

Congrats on the sale. I was following the auction and it was pretty exciting at the end. Seems like it’s going to a good home.

Since I saw your car last week go up on BAT and since then I’ve been constantly reading about 24v swaps. I have a e30 touring currently on its way from Germany and started ordering parts but am not sure what motor to go with. The components you put together for your car were perfect so my head is buzzing with decisions. Typical car nut, making plans before seeing/driving a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          '89 BMW M3
          '94 BMW 318i Touring
          '11 BMW 1M
          '97 BMW 328i
          '89 BMW 325i w/M52 (Race Car)
          pixsoul.ca | electricpixel.ca

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #8,049.
            Steve • Toronto
            1991 318is • Brillantrot
            Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
              No Reserve: 1991 BMW 318is 5-Speed

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-bmw-318is-27/
              How much you think this will pull in? 13-14k?

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a S50-Powered 1991 BMW 318is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #8,055.

another 318is... swapped tho
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The red 318is brought $14,400.
                  Good to see the value is high on these, but super disappointed that I sold my last one in just as nice condition for less than half that.

Comment

Question:
                    If a seller has a car listed on BaT, but has only owned it for let’s say month. Would it be reason to avoid or would it bring less, seem sketchy?
                    I come across a few nice 318is’ once and while. An elderly gentleman has a supposedly mint 1 owner car that maybe offered locally soon. While I’m capable of doing any repairs and have any spare parts, if I were to resell it- I wouldn’t say that looks good.
                    Apart from having to ship from Hawaii, buying from the long time owner would be more desirable in an auction setting, no?
                    There is just no way to find a buyer at that price range on island.
                    If it’s being resold for profit, would you guys say keep it off BaT?

Comment

Originally posted by SlickAlpinweiss View Post
                      Question:
                      If a seller has a car listed on BaT, but has only owned it for let’s say month. Would it be reason to avoid or would it bring less, seem sketchy?
                      I come across a few nice 318is’ once and while. An elderly gentleman has a supposedly mint 1 owner car that maybe offered locally soon. While I’m capable of doing any repairs and have any spare parts, if I were to resell it- I wouldn’t say that looks good.
                      Apart from having to ship from Hawaii, buying from the long time owner would be more desirable in an auction setting, no?
                      There is just no way to find a buyer at that price range on island.
                      If it’s being resold for profit, would you guys say keep it off BaT?
                      I think it depends on the situation. If someone is selling it purely to flip and make a profit, then I dont see an issue with the seller only having it for a month. But if they intended for it to be a long term purpose and they are selling it because "something came up" or because their "interest has changed" then I would be worried.
                      Steve • Toronto
                      1991 318is • Brillantrot
                      Build Thread

Comment

..and they will usually be called out for being a flipper on BAT. Both cases will bring red flags - but that's not to say it won't still bring big dollars.
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Wow!! Austin's car sold for $23,750 and the stock-ish 318is went for $14,400!?

I thought e30 prices had leveled off, but I guess I'm wrong.

I can't wait to see what this white s50 car brings. Looks like a sleeper at stock ride height with sealed beams.
                          '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
                          '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

I’m for being straight forward and honest, would state in the ad that it’s only in been in possesion for x amount of time and being resold. The fact that it’s being flipped, I’m curious how damaging that can be. Of course it would have a thorough inspection and anything needing immediate attention would be replaced. I believe a stock, unmolested example would be more sought after.
                            Some cars on there though, can’t believe they sold for so much. The bronzit e28, as clean as it was 50k makes me wonder if it was a legitimate auction.

Comment

Oh man, that bronzer e28 was pristine. If I had the cash like that I would have gone for it. That thing was the best of the best. My ‘89 e30 is pretty solid but oh man, that 535i was truly rare air.
                              My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                              I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Read the comments before jumping to conclusions. There’s a difference between a car with pedigree or history, vs just some random factory car or something pieced together by a nobody in their backyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X