Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    oh man... I have a feeling it will do great, but man I got so nervous the few times I almost hit that accept button. Luckily I found a buyer locally after months of trying
    I'm hoping so, myself. I've come to terms with the reserve (which was a very fair figure, all things considered) and just hope that it goes a little higher. Proceeds from the sale will allow me to finish up the M-Tech cabrio and purchase Eleanor's replacement...Z3 M Coupe!
    Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
    503.967.3800
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

    Comment


      And it's live!

      https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325is-22/
      Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
      503.967.3800
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

      Comment


        I just saw it. Practice a lot of meditation this week Austin, it might be a little stressful, but hopefully not
        Simon
        Current Car:
        -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
        -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



        Make R3V Great Again -2020

        Comment


          Just be active, honest and forthright with the comments.

          Don’t get in to any sort of pissing match, and treat any questions as if the person is standing in front with cash.

          I have a feeling a lot of people will watch until the last day, then bid.



          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
          2006 BMW X3
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

          Comment


            Car looks great.

            Put up a video if you can. Buyers for the two cars I sold on BAT were both out of state. They said it gave them confidence the cars were as described.
            1991 318iC
            1989 325i Field Rescue

            Comment


              that's a beautiful rig man...
              sorry you gotta let it go...
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              '90 325i sedan daily driven
              '85 325e coupe also a daily

              Comment


                Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                Just be active, honest and forthright with the comments.

                Don’t get in to any sort of pissing match, and treat any questions as if the person is standing in front with cash.

                I have a feeling a lot of people will watch until the last day, then bid.



                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yup, I'm sure there will be some ridiculous comments that I'll have to be polite and bite my tongue on. Way she goes, I guess.

                Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                Car looks great.

                Put up a video if you can. Buyers for the two cars I sold on BAT were both out of state. They said it gave them confidence the cars were as described.
                That's actually a really good idea. I will probably do that!

                Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                I just saw it. Practice a lot of meditation this week Austin, it might be a little stressful, but hopefully not
                Thanks! Just trying to not think about it...

                Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                that's a beautiful rig man...
                sorry you gotta let it go...
                Thanks! Appreciate it.
                Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                503.967.3800
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                Comment


                  so is the clownshoe a S52 or S54?
                  Simon
                  Current Car:
                  -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                  -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                  Make R3V Great Again -2020

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    so is the clownshoe a S52 or S54?
                    S52 car. I really like only having to buy parts for three engines (M20, S38, S50/52). Plus, I didn't see the point in paying the premium for the S54 car. The S52 is plenty fun for me.
                    Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                    503.967.3800
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      S52 car. I really like only having to buy parts for three engines (M20, S38, S50/52). Plus, I didn't see the point in paying the premium for the S54 car. The S52 is plenty fun for me.
                      Im with ya, if I ever get a hardtop Z car it will either have the M54 or the N52...
                      Simon
                      Current Car:
                      -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                      -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                      Make R3V Great Again -2020

                      Comment


                        But S54?!!?!!?


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                        2006 BMW X3
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          But S54?!!?!!?


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          It'll be so long before that project is ever completed, it's like I don't even own it. It's definitely on the back burner for a while.
                          Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                          503.967.3800
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                            Already at 9k within 24 hours....good start!
                            The Snow Leopard - 1990 325is

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                              Already at 9k within 24 hours....good start!
                              My thoughts exactly. I hope this is a sign of things to come!!!
                              Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                              503.967.3800
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                              Comment


                                Damn, they aren't playing. They got the party started right away. Looks like 20k shouldn't be a problem. Could be the new norm ladies and gentlemen.
                                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

                                85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X