Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember reading about the CSI on motortrend when it first came out. Yeah, those cars are always hitting the roof but I dunno. I have seen plenty of 12 cylinder 8 series cars in a stick on craigs in the 20s to pass on this. This thing should go over 6 digits quickly.

Comment

850 CSI is NOT the same as a 850Ci

and theres rarely a stick version available
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I thought CSi's came with the E36 M3 style mirrors, which look more at home on the E31 than the E36 IMO.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

The 850ci with the m73 5.4L only came with the newer 5 speed automatic transmission. Even the 840ci came with a six speed option (in Europe). The m73 850ci did not.

The CSI is the rarest S engine six speed transmission combo period. Plus it comes with the M Vin, so of course its going to be highly collectible. I think any low mileage e31 is. But that is just an opinion.

Comment

1990 BMW M3

Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #10,973.

Comment

10k mile M-tech Couple.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-bmw-325i-29/
              1991 318iC
              1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post

The mileage on that means it’s going to be stuffed in a garage and never driven I’m thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  The mileage on that means it’s going to be stuffed in a garage and never driven I’m thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More than likely.

I'd love to buy it, manual swap it and put a couple thousand miles a summer on it.
                  1991 318iC
                  1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

1991 325i Convertible
                    Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 41k-Mile 1991 BMW 325i Cabriolet at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,045.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                      I thought CSi's came with the E36 M3 style mirrors, which look more at home on the E31 than the E36 IMO.

yup, that's the first thing i noticed. I don't know, maybe US versions don't have them?

Fun fact: they're always perceived as the e36 M3 mirrors though the last e30 M3 DTM cars had these mirrors first, although in a smaller version.

1988 M3 SOLD on 4/27/18 for $36,750
                      Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #9,322.

i still don't get why this one went so cheap compared to others. Yes maybe it's not perfectly presented, but the interior alone is more desirable than the standard e30 karoseats and Mtech1 steeringwheel. Why then just under 40k, i'd bet it would go around 50
                      Last edited by Ludwig; 07-19-2018, 03:23 AM. Reason: wrong link

Comment

Blows my mind that the black car sold for almost the exact same money as my old crashed white car...
                        Attached Files
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                          Blows my mind that the black car sold for almost the exact same money as my old crashed white car...
                          I was watching that M3 for month's, I cant believe it sold for so much. Was the frame damaged? Was the engine anything special?
                          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                              I was watching that M3 for month's, I cant believe it sold for so much. Was the frame damaged? Was the engine anything special?
                              Nothing special about it at all.

125k mile car, I was second owner. Engine was rebuilt by my local BMW dealer in 2012 at 108k. Unibody was severely damaged from the impact. Someone is going to get the car and be severely disappointed.
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

So... over/under that the winner on that MT2 auction bails and it's relisted?

Just saying, new user who had signed up this month, and then goes way high on the value. Seen it happen a lot, and yet BAT still won't change their policy.

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the value bump since it only benefits my collection, but I also hate seeing the sellers getting screwed by flaky bidders and BAT's attitude.
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X