Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has the same weird factory extra alarm system with the second key hole in the driver's door, that my touring has.
    I still haven't figured out exactly what it does. It plugs into the central locking box, but mine isn't functional so I'm not sure if its an immobilizer or what.

Also appears to have a something wrong with the SI board, tachometer stays at 0 RPM.

edit: apparently it's just an alarm that makes noise, no immobilizer: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...5eca6c82b4f714
    Explains all the extra contact switches I've noticed throughout the car, which all lead to item 2, a big blue box under the dash which I never saw in other people's pictures. I also noticed I had two horns when I put my Mtech kit on, now I know what the second horn is for.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 10-15-2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Most series follow SCCA IT (Improved Touring) rules when it comes to cages. You can usually run NASCAR bars or X bars. I usually run X-Bars because it’s a little lighter then NASCAR style door bars. But that’s getting off topic. Fact is, no series will accept that door bar setup as legal if you decide to race. For track days you could probably squeak by, but they’d probably flag you as needing to fix it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
        It's not and I'm guessing he either a) got in over his head with import costs or b) is lying.

Yup, I’m guessing he paid high. While it is an iX, it’s not that spectacular. If it maybe had the design edition interior then maybe he’d get close to that amount.

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post

awesome, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            The "cage" and the exhaust on that poor car,,, are a shame. Whoever the "fabricator" was should surrender his or her welder and chop saw.

I just saw the posting for the first time today. I wouldnt get in that car to instruct with the front half of that "cage" as it is.

It wouldnt take that guy long to cut that out and re-post pictures. That cage is so bad the few hours with a Sawzall and a cutoff wheel "today" would pay dividends before the auction ends,,, because someone's going to have to do it.
            Jimmy P.
            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
            92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
            98 318Ti Morea Green
            04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

It's obvious the seller is trying to cover up for it's issues with his lame "I'm too gimped to do it" excuse. I love the default - "well known BMW shop/tuner/mechanic"

Vlad was well known.
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                Vlad was well known.
                That made me LOL.

Yeah, that cage is a disaster. I cant see anyone of repute copping to building that.
                I dont know whats more dangerous the 1' between the A pillar and the A pillar bar, the kneecapping bar or the door bars.

Someone actually "paid" for that.
                Jimmy P.
                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                98 318Ti Morea Green
                04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

So guys I am thinking about listing my awesome Bronzit e30 coupe I got from Bat about a year ago. I just don't use it much anymore and don't want it to sit and not get used.

My questions are these.. should I remove my rear-sub enclosure & amp, front strut bar and front BBK before I sell it? It never seems to pay to have mods on the car and those are the two big ones that I can easily remove and convert to stock. When I got the car I had it polished and ceramic'd, got a proper looking pristine tan vinyl sport front & rear seat set in, spic & span'd the carpets & door cards, new front windshield, and redid the suspension with H&R sport springs with Bilstein sport shocks. Also added my old Alpina Kopi on with new rubber.

I obviously have a bit more than the price I paid for it into the car now, and who knows what the market price is for this one the way it sits.

Here is the car for reference.

Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW 325is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #4,697.

Crappy pic of front end..

Any input is appreciated.

Greg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                  sigpic
                  Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Comment

If it was me..

I’d remove the BBK, strut bar and the Kopi’s. Put the Weaves back on and just try to present it as clean and close to stockish as possible. That should get you the best return.

If you can’t do it, find someone to get it on a lift and take as many pics as possible.

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I'm surprised that beautiful '91 MT2 coupe in BC only brought $12K. I thought that was a steal at that price
                      1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                      SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                      Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Definitely a steal, I was watching the clock wind down knowing that $12k+BaT fee was going to buy it... but I have other plans and cant be buying another E30
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I pulled the trigger and pending 2 showings plus whoever else wants to see the car this weekend, my S52 swapped convertible will go up on BAT. I'm personally curious what it will go for, given the sleeper look of the car :)
                          No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

1990 325ix
                            Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW 325iX 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #13,452.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              If it was me..

I’d remove the BBK, strut bar and the Kopi’s. Put the Weaves back on and just try to present it as clean and close to stockish as possible. That should get you the best return.

If you can’t do it, find someone to get it on a lift and take as many pics as possible.

Good points..I'll take those to heart and try to find a clean set of weaves and go from there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                              sigpic
                              Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Comment

Bronzit 325is breaks $10k...

1991 M3
                                Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #13,470.
                                Attached Files
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X