Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Even at 8100, that was a gift. What a fucking shitter. Haha.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

    88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

    Comment


      Yah, it really was just a box of parts.

      I was willing to bet it had damage on the front stub that got hit. The camber plates were way different settings on each side - which I have done for specific tracks, but not on the street. The misalignment of everything on the front end also hints at it. And the fact there was no shots of the usual rust areas didn't feel me with confidence that the shell wasn't fucked...

      ..or maybe it didn't. But buying sight unseen, I couldn't take a chance, and I bid only what I felt the usable parts were worth.
      1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
      2006 BMW X3
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

      Comment


        Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        Yah, it really was just a box of parts.

        I was willing to bet it had damage on the front stub that got hit. The camber plates were way different settings on each side - which I have done for specific tracks, but not on the street. The misalignment of everything on the front end also hints at it. And the fact there was no shots of the usual rust areas didn't feel me with confidence that the shell wasn't fucked...

        ..or maybe it didn't. But buying sight unseen, I couldn't take a chance, and I bid only what I felt the usable parts were worth.
        With all due respect, many of my cars have had strut tower damage/twisting and it doesn't take much more than an afternoon with a good fram machine operator to make straight. My dad pancaked my street car in t5 at SIR in HPDE the very same day I got my competition license. Strut tower was about 1/2" driver side. It cost me $340 to have a the frame squared and straight, I bolted everything back myself. Only request of the frame machine was "don't take anything off until I am done".
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

        Comment


          Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          With all due respect, many of my cars have had strut tower damage/twisting and it doesn't take much more than an afternoon with a good fram machine operator to make straight. My dad pancaked my street car in t5 at SIR in HPDE the very same day I got my competition license. Strut tower was about 1/2" driver side. It cost me $340 to have a the frame squared and straight, I bolted everything back myself. Only request of the frame machine was "don't take anything off until I am done".


          It’s not so much the strut tower I was worried about, it’s the pushed back frame stub, I’ve fixed it before, but it’s damage I just don’t really want to deal with often. Plus, I had a suspicion there was a lot of hidden rust in that car.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
          2006 BMW X3
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

          Comment


            I wonder what his next move will be? More 15k Craig’s list?
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

            88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

            Comment


              That last video was the nail on the coffin. "22k in receipts" and the rpm gauge does not even work. Details are one thing but that reeks of ignorance. The grinding noises were no surprise.

              Comment


                Oh here we go....this should be a really fun one to watch.
                https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-m3-28/
                Last edited by rjmcdermott81; 02-21-2018, 09:43 PM.
                Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                COTM Aug 2019

                Comment


                  Seems like they spent a lot of money on the engine swap, but gave up on rust removal/prevention?

                  Fine on a racecar, but for a street car, seems strange..


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                  2006 BMW X3
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                  Comment


                    That’s the dude who tried to sell his car here and left because we didn’t fall to our knees
                    Simon
                    Current Car:
                    -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                    -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                    Make R3V Great Again -2020

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      That’s the dude who tried to sell his car here and left because we didn’t fall to our knees
                      75g's!!

                      I wonder what the reserve is set at. Someone told me that BAT sets the reserve....
                      Last edited by rjmcdermott81; 02-22-2018, 10:25 AM.
                      Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                      COTM Aug 2019

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
                        Oh here we go....this should be a really fun one to watch.
                        https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-m3-28/
                        Wow, that is a rocket.
                        The Snow Leopard - 1990 325is

                        Comment


                          Tony's old car

                          Tony sold it for $40k+

                          I want to say $43k?

                          Still no AC after all that work. Would be nice to see where this lands. New owner threw in even more money after that.

                          Edit: It was Joey's car not Tony's.
                          Last edited by Javier h; 02-22-2018, 02:58 PM.

                          Comment


                            https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=411849
                            Simon
                            Current Car:
                            -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                            -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                            Make R3V Great Again -2020

                            Comment


                              Someone should add a link to post #18 in that thread to BAT - so potential bidders know the type of person they are dealing with..

                              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...2&postcount=18
                              1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                              2006 BMW X3
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                              Comment


                                Man that seller's replies give me a headache.
                                He might be better of to not post replies.

                                All the drift-o-licious fanbois and stoplight racers will be all over that car commenting how weak the S14 is etc.
                                Jimmy P.
                                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                                92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                                98 318Ti Morea Green
                                04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X