No announcement yet.

The Grand Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovin the show and all, but every time I start watching it I anticipate the old Top Gear theme.

:(
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Today's episode felt like the good old days again
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Today's episode felt like the good old days again
        I felt the same way. I loved episodes 3 and 4. I am whole again.

Comment

Devil's advocate here. Couldn't finish the 4th episode. I stopped when May was showing off his 3rd attempt at an adobe car. Was this a missed play on 3 Little Pigs? Would have been funnier that way; see who's car could outrun or protect them most from a wild wolf unleashed on them. Contrived as the scenes are, they could have used a well-trained Schutzhund German Shepherd with some non-toxic painted fur for the part.

The fake American redneck was as cringeworthy as ever.

Man, they need better producers and writers.
          '91 325i

Comment

Yeah, the gag with James' mud bodied car went on too long. It was funny the first time when it fell apart as they drove off, but should have ended there. It also seemed like the bit was more about the gag than actually trying to do something. Felt a bit empty. Otherwise though, it was still funny.

Episodes like the one where they made amphibious cars and tried to cross the channel are my favorite. The cars are ridiculous, as are the events that follow, but they're actually putting an effort into something. They usually fail, but at least they're trying. Bits where they're just blundering through it and almost (almost?) intentionally failing to achieve the goal are just hard to watch and a bit sad. Never enjoyed those as much, partly because it feels more scripted.

I don't like the new "stig" either. Again, funny (but not that funny) the first time, and now it's a tired joke.

Comment

The latest episode I thought was the best so far. Yes, it was still quite contrived, but I thought that it was more of a step in the right direction.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
                Devil's advocate here.
                What are you still doing here?

Out of your last ten posts on r3v, eight have been in this thread whining about the show. I can understand one or two saying how you don't like it, but with that many posts you have a vendetta or are just trolling.
                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

4th was the best so far. Had tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks at Clarkson's Bones vehicle was smelling and he used nose tampons.
                  This is the classic TG I was waiting for.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by flyboyx
                  i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

It seams a running gag that goes too long happens in every show, are they taking shits at BBC somehow with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                      4th was the best so far. Had tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks at Clarkson's Bones vehicle was smelling and he used nose tampons.
                      This is the classic TG I was waiting for.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                      Same. Much much better episode.
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Just want them to test new cars. and go on new adventures. Much like in ep 3 on the track. The bs with the swat deal, etc needs to be minimal. Vehicles this is what we are here for! Need to start a thread on the BMW movie, bs... very disappointing.
                        1987 BMW 325is,(M3 S50 Swapped)-Current
                        2010 FJ Cruiser, aka E30 Support Vehicle-(Daily)
                        2008 Scion xB Lowered
                        2001 BMW 325i
                        1995 BMW 318ti
                        1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
                        1965 Ford Mustang Coupe

My Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          It seams a running gag that goes too long happens in every show, are they taking shits at BBC somehow with that?
                          That's a much better theory than "GT sucks and needs more TG elements / better writing / [insert shallow/short-sighted critique here]."

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
                          The fake American redneck was as cringeworthy as ever.
                          He's a real American; nothing fake about it.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Why don't they discuss the new BMW Films short movie? Then try to make one of their own.. but with some shitty $500 cars? I agree with most here that ep 4 was decent... because of the classic challenges being brought into the mix.
                            R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                            └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Getting better with the last two episodes, but I also feel things are a bit forced. My wife even said "isn't May supposed to be the smart one?" when his car began to fall apart for the third time. They are all dumb, but James is supposed to make the most "logical" decisions for these challenges...even though it will ultimately fail in the end. It's like he's the ape now.

And the communism bits? Holy shit talk about dated jokes. I don't mind the new stig talking, but they should limit The American's jokes to about...one.

More reviewing of cars, please. Three car challenges are pseudo reviews and my absolute favorite segments of the old TG, so I wouldn't mind if every extended film piece was like that, but I get why they have to make challenges like they did for the latest episode.

All-in-all I'm a happy camper and I'm somewhat excited to see the new season of TG with Chris Harris being more involved.

Comment

Originally posted by twiggletwaggle View Post
                                All-in-all I'm a happy camper and I'm somewhat excited to see the new season of TG with Chris Harris being more involved.

This. And NO Chris Evans! Thank God

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                                └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X