Clear All

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
    Agreed. I thought the Le Mans/GT40 segment was great

I agree.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Yes, they are definitely finding their old rhythm again. Obviously, they can't use some of the intellectual property (phrases, segments..etc.) that BBC still own the rights to, but they are getting back to the shtick that made them famous.

I wonder if they were trying to adapt a slightly different approach at relaunch because of the series being U.S. based, vs the original series U.K. based. But maybe they hit feedback that U.S. audiences were fine with many of the UK jokes..etc.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I get so frustrated with the backdrop - the scene behind them is always so blown out(despite using some type of fabric to knock the brightness down), and then that looks like crap on my video projector.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Who's this happy dude in the back?? [emoji6]

Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Who's this happy dude in the back?? [emoji6]
            Dunno, not me though. We were standing just left of the shot when the camera was on Clarkson, to that guy's right by a couple of people.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

lol I thought that was you ! He had a BMW shirt on
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I really enjoyed last nights episode. The whole series has gotten loads better. However I still hate "The American".
                My Garage
                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Chris Evans should replace "The American"...
                  '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                    I really enjoyed last nights episode. The whole series has gotten loads better. However I still hate "The American".
                    Hammond or the new race car driver?

Although Hammond just like the other two have quirks, I've never really disliked him. In a lot of ways it's easy to identify with Hammond to me. But not completely.

The new unmasked stig is kind of annoying because his commentary isn't ever funny. It's harping too hard on the whole image of Americans. But he can drive better than me so I get it, it's just a shtick, but it's annoying.

Besides him, and the unnecessary time wasting here and there, I agree, it's really improving and getting a good rhythm. The Buggy special was good, I hope there is another special this "season" but that's being selfish. With their budget they could do multipart specials a few times each season though...

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    They seem to be finding the grove more and more with each installment. They are getting back to more what I would expect from them now. I did about lose it with the "I arrived first" bit.......
                    Agreed.
                    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
                      Chris Evans should replace "The American"...
                      I really don't like Evans. Please never mention his name again.

Chris Evans is Captain America. There are no other Chris Evans IMO.
                      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                        Hammond or the new race car driver?
                        I love Hammond! I was talking about Mike Skinner, I just don't get it. Maybe its funny to the rest of the world?
                        My Garage
                        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                          I really don't like Evans. Please never mention his name again.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                            The theory I've heard is that they're using it as a placeholder for an interview segment, but they don't have the time to put it in this season.
                            I'm get the feeling that it's an legal thing. That if they copied the show 100% segment-for-segment, there would be legal issues. (there all sorts of laws about things like that - and I don't claim to know anything about them - other then a tiny bit) - It's kinda how you can copy a song, but have to change every 7th note (or something like that)

So the whole "brain crash" thing is an F-U to the lawyers and the BBC in general.
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Brian Johnson didn't even come in to the studio.

It's odd that they'd go to all the trouble to book the celebrity and have them on location so they could be in the live shot but never actually have them do anything other than get "killed," so the F you theory makes sense.

Comment

The American needs to be replaced. There are a bunch of more pallatable drivers out there that still give you the sense of "He must have been born in a pickup with Nascar and NRA stickers on it". Seriously ruins my vibe every time he speaks.
                                Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Working...
                                X