Are you a BMWCCA member? For how long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just let my membership lapse
    Yeah, our local chapter's less and less exciting for me, these days.
    It's dumb little stuff like killing the regional forums, stupidly boring Roundull,
    and apathy on my part, but yeah, I just don't use any of it...

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Fifteen year member, found my latest E30 on the CCA website.

My chapter: https://www.bmwcca.org/chapter/everglades-chapter

Comment

Just joined last month in order to do the National Capital Chapter autocrosses. Seems like NCC does a lot of events.
        Last edited by bumada; 07-04-2017, 08:26 AM.
        1989 325i S50 swapped
        2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Joined in 2005, when my wife's E46 was about to come out of warranty. Now that Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car is dead, Roundel is my favorite car mag. Got a $500 check when we bought me wife's current F30. Saved tons on parts from the dealer over the years for all my old Bimmers. Seems like a great deal to me.

Oh, and added the E30CCA as my 2nd chapter last year!

Cory
          1992 325i Cabrio
          1988 320i Touring
          2000 M5
          1977 530i
          2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
          BMWCCA
          E30CCA

Comment

Back in the late 80s when I was a teenager driving a 2002, I couldn't justify the cost. But fast forward to early the 2000s when I bought my Z3 Coupe and it's been the best car-related investment I've made; really enhanced my BMW ownership experience.
            sigpic
            January 2012 COTM

Comment

The Seattle club was associated with BMWACA when I joined 7/1973 the club switched to CCA in 11/2000 so officially I have been a CCA member for just shy of 17 years but a Puget Sound BMW club member for 44 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bumada View Post
                Just joined last month in order to do the National Capital Chapter autocrosses. Seems like NCC does a lot of events.
                I met the NCC officers at National Congress earlier this year. Really good people and they really seem to have it together - that's a huge chapter.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I've been a member for about a year, My experience has been mixed so far. The main reason I joined was to be a part of the local chapter, support friends that volunteer their time for the CCA, and attend the local Puget Sound CCA events.

It's not that anything has been negative about my membership experience, just that I'm not sure I am getting the value that others have.
                  -I have a stack of Roundel mags by my computer still in the plastic wrapper. I don't often read magazines, but when I do crack one open they mostly seem to be about the new 2019 BMW X635iDriveISHybridGranCoupeMsport that I don't care about or would ever buy.

-I don't use the discounts. I don't shop at the dealer, I always go online and buy parts at the best prices and I DIY almost everything. The only one I'll probably use is Griot's.

-I haven't noticed a change in event participation since becoming a member. Events like the Burgers & Bimmers, E30 Picnic, etc I've always attended without being a member and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Maybe that's the fault of my local chapter being so welcoming ;)

-Another reason I joined was that the local chapter had a great BB forum with a solid classifieds section. Unfortunately, this year that was dissolved and replaced with a facebook page that doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic.

Overall, I suppose I'll keep up with it purely because it's nice to say that "I'm a member of the CCA" in my Craigslist for sale ads. When I re-up I will definitely add the E30 CCA as a secondary chapter - now that sounds like a worthy investment.
                  '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                    When I re-up I will definitely add the E30 CCA as a secondary chapter - now that sounds like a worthy investment.
                    It's not necessary to wait to add E30 chapter as a second - you can call the National Office and do that any time. I believe they'll just prorate the dues (of $1.25/mo) for the balance of your primary term.
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

^ I made the e30cca my primary chapter when I left Connecticut and even have two e30cca t-shirts! The bmwcca track discounts are nice for hardtop owners but convertibles aren't allowed and it so happens that I have a convertible so...

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I received my ten year pin a few months back.
                        m106 1990 e30
                        e36 daily
                        e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                          I received my ten year pin a few months back.
                          Congrats!

Last edited by agent; 07-07-2017, 12:19 PM. Reason: replaced enormous image with a smaller version

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Sweet! Ugh, had I known I'd get one of these, I'd have joined in '87.

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                            Congrats!

sigpic
                            January 2012 COTM

Comment

My first car was a E21 nearly 24 years ago. Not sure what benefits I would have taken advantage of since then since I didn't get another bimmer for 20 years. Joined up again a few months ago so I could get the 15% discount for the BMW 2-Day M School. That's more than paid for itself!
                              F80 ///M3 CS
                              i3 REx LCI
                              Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Been a member since 2000, it has paid for itself several times over with all the incentive checks from new car purchases.
                                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X