Did Turner buy ECS Tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
    I guess this explains the downward shift in all aspects of my interactions with Turner in the last few years. It's too bad to hear about this, I used to buy a lot of stuff from them and had good experiences. It's too bad about Pelican, too. Is this why I feel like their prices have gone up a LOT in the last few years? They used to be priced fairly competitively.

I almost never buy stuff from ECS because the prices are not super competitive for the OEM / Tier1 brand stuff. But, they do seem to have really good photos of many parts that nobody else has, so I do use them for visual reference.

Is getbmwparts.com also owned by some conglomerate? I get 90% of my OEM parts from them. They don't seem to be selling knock-off junk and prices are VERY competitive. RMEuropean is the only place with better prices, but they don't seem to sell a lot of the more obscure OEM parts.
    I believe getbmwparts.com is a dealer
    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
    Alice the Time Capsule
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Supposedly "getbmwparts" is Tischer BMW's internet sales department. Search Tischer BMW and you'll find a lot of bread crumbs.

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
        Supposedly "getbmwparts" is Tischer BMW's internet sales department. Search Tischer BMW and you'll find a lot of bread crumbs.
        Ahem, BMW of Silver Spring. They're local to me and they can be decent for OE parts.

Comment

bmwdirectparts.com, née Husker Parts, is one of the most competitive dealers I've found with (a good) presence on the 'net. Vic in internet sales is always helpful if/when you need to talk to a human being.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post

Sites owned by Atlantic Automotive Corp outta Maryland. Looks like they own a bunch of dealerships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I'm partial to "the bmw mini parts store" at the BMW Store in Cincinnati. I usually find their prices are the best of any of the OEM sources and the response time is top notch.

For the stuff where I don't need the OEM brand, I've been very happy with FCP and RMEuropean.

The E30 collection:
              1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
              1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
              1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
              1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
              1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
              1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
              1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
              2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
              2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

Originally posted by 101 View Post
                I'm partial to "the bmw mini parts store" at the BMW Store in Cincinnati. I usually find their prices are the best of any of the OEM sources and the response time is top notch.

For the stuff where I don't need the OEM brand, I've been very happy with FCP and RMEuropean.
                I know I'm nitpicking but you should know for your own reference.

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer. OE is in ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT as in, what BMW installed at the factory. OEM brands are continental, VDO, Mahle etc...
                IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Bummer to hear about Pelican.

I have only bought a couple things from Turner over the past 18 years. Tischer is good though.

If the new website for Blunttech is a winner then I will be there
                  sigpic
                  Gun control means using both hands
                  Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    Sites owned by Atlantic Automotive Corp outta Maryland. Looks like they own a bunch of dealerships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Yeah, Mile One. They own a huge number of dealers in MD. But the parts business is administered, AFAIK, by the two or three BMW parts guys in the Silver Spring, MD dealership.

Comment

I just purchased a hefty order from Blunt Tech right now. Cannot believe that Steve & the boys have ECS beat on the prices of so many parts. Truly remarkable.

Only complaint: didn't find anywhere to make a note of my special CNB request.

Sina

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

My experience with ECS is awful of course. All of them.

FCP Euro all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                          Not everything is full retail. The small nuts/bolts hardware is but I still see stuff ranging from 10-15% off list.
                          That may be, but in my experience BMW Morristown has always been less expensive for OEM and provides excellent service. Even more so now with ECS pricing changes
                          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                            I just purchased a hefty order from Blunt Tech right now. Cannot believe that Steve & the boys have ECS beat on the prices of so many parts. Truly remarkable.

Only complaint: didn't find anywhere to make a note of my special CNB request.

Sina
                            I think I heard somewhere that Blunt are building a new online shop right now that should be launching soon? Maybe I am thinking of someone else though...
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                              I think I heard somewhere that Blunt are building a new online shop right now that should be launching soon? Maybe I am thinking of someone else though...
                              That's what they said.

Comment

Truth be told, I just searched using BMW P/N's on their current site and found everything I needed. Only thing I forgot to buy was a set of Bosch coilpacks for my M42...oh well I think I spent enough :-D

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                                X