Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of all the e30s i've owned, I've never...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never installed an aftermarket chip on an e30 and felt a lick of power increase.....

(Ok maybe on an eta I had decades ago...)

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

This thread has a way of sticking in your mind.

Ive never wished for a tilt steering wheel.
      Ive never not looked back at her when i park.
      Ive never not felt bad for choosing the interstate for a long ride. Seems like putting a dog on a leash to me. (I’m a lifelong companion to labs. Ive been owned by three so far......)
      My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
      I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

never had "danger to manifold" come up on the dash
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

lol... or any other annoying service messages, sensor errors that brick the car or seatbelt alarms.
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Never had a light that flashes "IDIOT" when I do something wrong with the car.

Comment

driven an automatic one...

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

owned a four-door.
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Come to think of it...E30s are so rare around here, I have never met another owner.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                    driven an automatic one...

t
                    Originally posted by decay View Post
                    owned a four-door.
                    You're both missing out! The 4 speed auto is actually pretty good for a daily & you can't go past the practicality of the 4 door that still looks 95% the same as the 2 door! :D

On the rarity front, must be our lack of rain here (living in one of the hottest / driest cities on the planet has to have some advantages) but including me, there's 3 e30 owners in my street.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                      Come to think of it...E30s are so rare around here, I have never met another owner.
                      There are a bunch of us in Indy!
                      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                        You're both missing out! The 4 speed auto is actually pretty good for a daily & you can't go past the practicality of the 4 door that still looks 95% the same as the 2 door! :D

On the rarity front, must be our lack of rain here (living in one of the hottest / driest cities on the planet has to have some advantages) but including me, there's 3 e30 owners in my street.
                        I agree on the 4-door - TBH, 2 door E30s seem strange to me.

But the auto - meh. All E30s we're meant to be manuals. And mine was originally an auto...
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          I agree on the 4-door - TBH, 2 door E30s seem strange to me.

But the auto - meh. All E30s we're meant to be manuals. And mine was originally an auto...
                          I agree. My last car was also an automatic originally and the M20 just doesn’t make enough bottom end torque to drive around below 3k rpm like the auto trans forces it to do. If you mat the throttle it’s fine, nice crisp shifts near redline but there is no middle ground.

An auto M30 car would probably be ok.
                          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

it wasn't an active choice, i was actually looking for an m42 sedan when shopping for my last car, but i got impatient and bought a vert.

this time around the baur popped up on BaT and in another poorly advised decision it was mine.
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

Fair enough - sometimes you just have to get what you can! I only ever bought my e30 because I wrote off my e21, and couldn't find another one in reasonable condition.

I can say that I've never driven a Baur :)

Comment

Fair enough - sometimes you just have to get what you can! I only ever bought my e30 because I wrote off my e21, and couldn't find another one in reasonable condition.

I can say that I've never driven a Baur :)
                                i'd be genuinely surprised if there were a 3-digit number of e30 baurs *in* ostralya. mine was an '80s grey-market, like every one that ever came to US, and i've never seen another one in person.
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X