Welcome to the new R3VLimited Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sampayne View Post
    Grateful to have this forum stay alive. I'm going to miss the old color scheme. Too much blank white space on the new layout.

Thanks James.
    The blank white space helps it blend in with the rest of the crap on my computer screen at work lol
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

The blank white space helps it blend in with the rest of the crap on my computer screen at work lol
      exactly the same reason why i'm gonna love this ! hahaha.

Comment

Thanks James!

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
          Looks good, only thing I've noticed is it doesn't show the option for going to the last page next to a thread anymore, only last post.
          On the right where it says who posted last in a thread, there's a little blue box with arrows in it, and you can click on that to take to you the most recent post. I would prefer the old set up though.

I've also noticed that when I click "new topics" it doesn't really seem to update correctly. This thread is still listed as having 14 posts, but moves to the top whenever someone posts in it. The "mark forum as read" feature is also gone - would like to have that back.(Edit: looks like this is "Mark channels read" now at the bottom of the main page.)

Seems good otherwise, the new look I think is pretty good, and faithful enough to the old look. One feature I'd like to see added is the ability to filter what shows up under the "new topics" feed, for example, I'd like to be able to have classifieds posts not show up there.

Glad to see this place updated - Thanks James.
          Last edited by rturbo 930; 08-08-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Looking good, thank you for your hard work on the update. Seems like there are some nice new features, and it's nice to finally see a refresh of the logo as well.

I looked around but couldn't find it: is there a way to bump up the default font size a couple of points when viewing threads?

Lastly, I'll echo nando in that the site does seem quite a bit slower now.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

But the dank Moe, the dank...

It there a way to go back to the dark setting. As a dev, I can't stand white background - it makes my eyes tired.
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

It's 10 times slower.

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work. I'm liking the new look.
                  90 Bronzit 325is
                  16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Thanks for the work James!

I am sure there will be some bugs to work out - you guys will have your hands full at first. This is the same version of VB that the welding forum I frequent uses, so kinda know my way around it - except the multi-quote function.

Also, just tried editing a post I made and it got flagged for spam automatically, and won't post until approved by admin - never had that happen before. :/
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Getting this error when clicking on the "My Subscriptions" link towards the top of the forum.

unable_to_contact_server_please_try_again

error_information_x

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Thanks James!

Is there an option to search in sub sections? For example, looking to see some Enkei 92's in the "Wheels and Tires for sale" section, and I don't see a search function aside from the overall search field. This will be critical for the n00bs so we can continue to tell them to search

Comment

This is differentwoah
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Looks fresh!

Comment

congrats on finishing this up! major vbulletin upgrades are never fun.

FYI, getting a bunch of lag and mixed content warnings. hopefully it shakes out easily
                              cars beep boop

Comment

It's going to take a while to get used to it, but change is good.

Thanks to all involved.
                                1990 325i
                                2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X