Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Publishers Refuses to Let Us Know Why the Bentley Manual Hasn't Been Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the fuck? Why do posts have to be approved?!?! Because I quoted someone?
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

It's a glitch with the forum.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
        You know how the Bentley manual has never been updated to include 1991 M42 models or even Motronic 1.3? Well I asked them why. This was their response.

"Thanks for contacting us.
        A good question, but unfortunately, the reason is proprietary. If we did have information for the public, we definitely would share it on our site. So, for now, I have been no help, but thought you deserved a prompt reply."

So it's a complete mystery...
        It's not a mystery at all. He stated the reason. The information on servicing an m42 is proprietary. It's all available through other means like the BMW shop manuals, however Bentley doesn't own that information so they can't use it. At this point, they won't go back and disassemble a 318i to add info on an m42, especially when an e36 manual paired with an e30 manual probably covers everything you need.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

Anyone have this as a single PDF?
          Doesn't it describe most procedures like this: "Use the special BMW tool XXXX, then use the special BMW tool YYYY"?
          The tool XXXX costs $800, the tool YYYY $500.

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

Anyone have this as a single PDF?
            No, but I downloaded all of them and made a dropbox folder with individual files along with a zip that contains them all together.

E30 Factory Manual:

Last edited by DividedBeing; 12-19-2019, 08:44 PM.
            91 318i LS Swap In Progress - Build Thread

Divided Being Motorsports - Youtube Channel / Build Log

www.dividedbeing.com

Successful Transactions With : AWDBOB

Comment

I've updated my personal copy by adding notes where needed as I figure shit out realtime.
              R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
              └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by DividedBeing View Post

No, but I downloaded all of them and made a dropbox folder with individual files along with a zip that contains them all together.

E30 Factory Manual:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s560mp1bi...EeoWZsU_a?dl=0
                Hey, thank you for dropping this link. I downloaded it and will see if I can use the content (I have no idea how to handle Dropbox stuff, but hope to figure it out). Really kind of you.
                My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by 325e '87 View Post

Hey, thank you for dropping this link. I downloaded it and will see if I can use the content (I have no idea how to handle Dropbox stuff, but hope to figure it out). Really kind of you.
                  No problem! Let me know if you can't get it to work and I'll hook you up with a direct link to the zip file.
                  91 318i LS Swap In Progress - Build Thread

Divided Being Motorsports - Youtube Channel / Build Log

www.dividedbeing.com

Successful Transactions With : AWDBOB

Comment

YouTube.com...guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X