How do we feel about iS side skirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we feel about iS side skirts?

Recently ive found myself considering removing the iS skirts on my e30. i dont know what it is but it feels off not having the black rocker panels, it could be because i dont have the complementary iS lip (only an 'i' lip), or maybe i just havent seen enough cars with the iS side skirts...

so what are your thoughts on the iS side skirts?
    Strategic Alpine Command:...sig loading

They are just another thing to trap moisture, road gunk and salt which leads to more rust. If you like black rocker panels, paint yours black below the small strip below the doors with SEM Trim Black.

Comment

Those sport skirts by themselves don't look good without the front and rear to complement them, IMO.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

They look great with a IS lip

Comment

Instead of removing the is side skirts, you should add an is lip. Don't do it backwards.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

I agree. It will look better with the iS lip.

Comment

How do we feel? Does that matter? How do you feel about them? It's your car. If you're asking if we think your car looks odd with is skirts but no is lip post a picture.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Personally, I'm a fan of the IS skirts. I'm planning on picking up a set at some point to go with my cow catcher up front. Ultimately, though, your car doesn't belong to the forum. Build it for you and nobody can hate on that (or at least they shouldn't!)

Comment

yeah I was honestly just curious about the opinions on the board, I'm not looking for someone to make a decision for me. didn't think people would take their soapboxes out for this convo but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it is r3v lol

in any case, the skirts are not going anywhere for now, I have other things on the car to attend to before that. I'll be on the look out for an iS lip, maybe that's what's needed to tie the whole thing together. thanks for the feedback

Comment

You'll be on the look out? Maybe look at www.ebay.com. Don't strain your eyeballs.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

pedantic, but thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                      X