Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to find my old e30 turbo. Sold in 2011 to a member. Has anyone seen it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to find my old e30 turbo. Sold in 2011 to a member. Has anyone seen it?

Hi, I'm kind of on a mission to find my old e30 that I sold back in 2011. The car was last located in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. I've googled to death and can't find anything at all related to this car.

I can't find the guys contact information but I sold it as a rolling chassis with engine (bottom end needed a new block but included new rods, crank etc). I know he put an m30 in it.. kind of a shame since it the m20 was pretty badass... anyway besides the point... So I know the engine is gone and swapped out, but still would love to find the chassis. The last time I saw it, it wasn't really in great shape. Had the opportunity to buy it back but I didn't and regret it.

I sold the car at the time because I needed the money for a business venture. Owned the car for 9 years and I'd really like to have it back and restore it.

I've thought about just building another one, but kind of just something about having the same car back that is appealing. Also, the bodykit is custom made and only 3 of those front bumpers were ever produced (long story), so it's pretty much impossible to replicate.

Honestly I can't remember if he changed the wheels or not.. the car has corvette z06 rotors and calipers, that's super distinct so it might help.

If anyone has any tips on how I can get in touch with the current owner. I do know that the kid I sold it to was a member on the forum, but really I can't find anything.. I tried. Thanks a lot for any help.

Attached pics of my build before I sold the car so you have something to look at and talk about lol. I have no idea how it looks currently.

Click image for larger version  Name:	29491100030_original.jpg Views:	1 Size:	108.9 KB ID:	9936671 Click image for larger version  Name:	29491100037_original.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	9936672 Click image for larger version  Name:	29491100002_original.jpg Views:	1 Size:	100.5 KB ID:	9936674 Click image for larger version  Name:	199483_4942474453_78_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	69.7 KB ID:	9936675
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pld0vr; 07-05-2020, 05:48 PM.

More pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

and more
      Attached Files

Comment

annnnnd more
        Attached Files

Comment

and two more lol
          Attached Files

Comment

Do you still have the cars vin. You could run it through carfax and it will give you registration information so you can narrow down your search location
            Originally posted by blunttech
            Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
            :shock:

Comment

Dan?
              The Titanium rods jogged my memory lol
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                Dan?
                The Titanium rods jogged my memory lol
                Bingo

Comment

Dang, who replaces a 440hp M20 with Ti rods with an M30?

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Well, I found the guy and he was a total douche about it. He was super rude and then asked for 20k while mentioning the car is apart right now. Forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                      Dang, who replaces a 440hp M20 with Ti rods with an M30?
                      Yeah, and if I remember right he put an m30b30 in it which kind of defeats the purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by pld0vr View Post
                        Well, I found the guy and he was a total douche about it. He was super rude and then asked for 20k while mentioning the car is apart right now. Forget it.
                        Well that's depressing. Would be nice if he keeps you in mind when he gets sick of it.
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by pld0vr View Post
                          Is it listed anywhere? The R3V community will happily "remind" this guy what the car is actually worth and maybe he will come around.

Play it cool and go get some pics. Never know.. Still a shame about the motor though M30s are kinda cool, but not when compared to what was in it
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

M30s were cool until the M54B30 swaps started. There's just no reason to choose an M30 over an M54 now apart from trying to be period correct, especially if you're staying NA. I suppose an M30 swap is easier but that's about the only advantage.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                              M30s were cool until the M54B30 swaps started. There's just no reason to choose an M30 over an M54 now apart from trying to be period correct, especially if you're staying NA. I suppose an M30 swap is easier but that's about the only advantage.
                              Well I definitely agree, to be honest if I got the car back I would probably put an S54 in there and turbo that.

Comment

Working...
                              X