"jlevie"/"thejlevie"/Jim Levie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"jlevie"/"thejlevie"/Jim Levie

not sure if this has already been brought up here, but i saw this on Bimmerforums, and it made me quite sad. my thoughts are with him and his family. he is one of the most helpful folks on this forum (if not the most), and incredibly knowledgeable with the E30 chassis and M20 engine.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

That's terrible. Last I recall, he sold his spec car because he fell off a ladder, and was injured badly enough that he couldn't really continue racing. Perhaps it's something unrelated to that, but nevertheless, sounds like things have taken a turn for the worse. I wish him the best.

Comment

Pretty sure Jim died the same day that the bfc thread was created. https://obits.al.com/obituaries/hunt...134&fhid=10433

Even though he mentioned that he was going through some sort of health issue and wouldn't be posting, I had hoped that he would be back. But it is sad to hear that the community has lost an absolutely irreplaceable font of knowledge and we should all aspire to follow his lead in helping others. I hope his family finds some peace with his departure.

Comment

bummer, that sucks
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Rest in peace, jlevie. May you be always be fighting for the apex good sir.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Wow. That is a name I always respected and it's sad to see how quickly health issues can compound. RIP.

Comment

Rest in peace Jim.

I got to meet him, chatted on FB and such, but he retired from racing shortly after getting my Comp license.

Really sharp guy, in person, as well as forums.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Rest in peace, Jim.

Comment

Very said news.

Comment

Man, I knew what this thread was going to be as soon as I saw the date and read the title. :(

RIP Jim. The E30 community has lost one of it's most knowledgeable and helpful members.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Very sad news and a great loss to the E30 community. Jim always the most straightforward and accurate advice. I have some of his posts printed and stuffed into my Bentley manual. He was not stingy in sharing knowledge! RIP Jim and thank you for all the energy you put into making our hobby fun!
                      R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                      └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Well that is very sad news.
                        He was both a scholar and a gentleman especially when it came to sharing E30 knowledge.
                        Literally some of the finest posts on this forum (and bimmerforums).
                        Godspeed Jim
                        Jimmy P.
                        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                        92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                        98 318Ti Morea Green
                        04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                          not sure if this has already been brought up here, but i saw this on Bimmerforums, and it made me quite sad. my thoughts are with him and his family. he is one of the most helpful folks on this forum (if not the most), and incredibly knowledgeable with the E30 chassis and M20 engine.
                          Ohh, I've wondered about that, since he sort of withdrew from the forum with some health issues way back. I've often wondered how he was doing. Sad news.

An incredibly helpful man for so many people here. His advice was highly appreciated by me.

Comment

I had read that he wasn't doing well but didn't realize he had actually passed. This is a tremendous loss to our community. RIP Jim.
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I would "Ctrl F" Jlevie on threads to find the real answer

He was so nice answering all the noob questions that he himself had answered 100s of times.

Rest in peace Jim. Hopefully the platforms where he shared his knowledge are here for a while.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                              X