Mighty Car Mods are doing an e30 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mighty Car Mods
    The car will live on - so what's happening with the car now? We've actually owned it for a while and it will live on as a long term project car and stoked that we got some initial funding to help kick off the process and make this conversion possible!

We had a super tight deadline on this build and did the whole thing in a matter of days. Now we'll be able to give the car the time and attention it deserves to continue to turn it into an absolutely monstrous street and track car. Thanks to the gang at Brintech and the crew that helped us with all the mods.

We hope you like the new music in this episode - it was made using legit analogue 1980's technology and if you're interested we can post up a video how it was made. We proudly edit all our own videos. There's no production company or agency here / it's just the two of us editing the videos, recording the audio and making all the music, with a couple of our mates helping with cameras so a big thanks to them too.

Thanks to everyone for supporting the show and we hope you enjoy the skids! You can read more about how we fund our episodes here: https://mightycarmods.com/blogs/news/who-is-going-to-pay-for-it

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
      pretty sure the rpm is axis is wrong which screws up the torque. it was peaking hp at 3300rpm lol or they were looking at roller torque and roller rpm
      Yeah I noticed that RPM thing, it isn't roller RPM unless the roller is 0.13m/5" in diameter by my calculations. Is dRPM supposed to mean derived RPM? How does one get RPM all wrong when you can just put the clamp on a spark plug wire and tell it there are 8 cylinders? Glad I just skipped through the video, seems like they phoned it in.
      Attached Files

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

Yeah I noticed that RPM thing, it isn't roller RPM unless the roller is 0.13m/5" in diameter by my calculations. Is dRPM supposed to mean derived RPM? How does one get RPM all wrong when you can just put the clamp on a spark plug wire and tell it there are 8 cylinders? Glad I just skipped through the video, seems like they phoned it in.
        its called laziness the number of operators who cant manage to get an rpm signal is a joke as it seems to be the norm

not sure about dRPM my guess is youd be right, i know mainline have torque (rwhich is rwhp divided by roller rpm) and derived torque ( rwhp divide engine rpm) so when you see a mainline dyno you need to be careful. Anyway somehow theyve balls'd it up as the stock engine runs about 550Nm crank as rated so the chances of it making 700Nm at wheels is precisley zero
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
        X