Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone even visit this forum anymore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss the simpler times when we were mostly just dumb kids (at least at heart) having fun with cheap and plentiful cars. Now everyone is either an up and coming influencer with and EPIC build and brand (smash that like button) or a dollar chasing flipper pushing the dream further out of reach for others.
    /nostalgia

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
      I miss the simpler times when we were mostly just dumb kids (at least at heart) having fun with cheap and plentiful cars. Now everyone is either an up and coming influencer with and EPIC build and brand (smash that like button) or a dollar chasing flipper pushing the dream further out of reach for others.
      /nostalgia
      Some of us implore others to click that dislike button but to tell them why they didn't like it.

Comment

^ Has there been some sort of renaissance regarding dislikes? Is (constructive) criticism no longer considered hating? That would be something.

Comment

/nostalgia
          WHATS UP YOU TUBEEEEE!?!?!? - "Closes browser tab"...

Many things in life have changed, lust for the e30 remains the same.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

^ Has there been some sort of renaissance regarding dislikes? Is (constructive) criticism no longer considered hating? That would be something.
            Nope, that was just directed at our usual moderator. It's something he said in one of his YT videos. Also, in a perverse way, dislikes may help promote a YT video to some degree.

Criticism still drives people away, just like mint84325e, who just decided to quit the forum after I voiced an opinion he did not like. Some people, no matter how old, just cannot take what they percieve as criticism for whatever reason. Although it does seem more likely that I was correct since he left the way he did.

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
              I delete half the posts I type because it doesn't feel like I'm adding to the conversation.
              Me too. I don't post much but have been trying to be more helpful when folks ask questions, because that's what drew me to the site in the first place. I've outgrown that high school kid mentality I used to have (putting an 8-ball shift knob on my car etc), and have done SO much work on several of these cars over the years that I now feel "qualified" to help. Also, the maturity is an added bonus, and my work product now is leagues better than it used to be. I really really wish I hadn't abandoned my 'build thread' because at this point I feel like the latter projects/ body stuff was good content that was worth sharing. Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
              (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Some of us implore others to click that dislike button but to tell them why they didn't like it.
                I feel attacked...

Question: Does anyone even visit this forum anymore?
                Answer: Yes, but they get pissy when they realize their eta isnt worth $13k and want a refund on their membership lol
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I feel attacked...
                  But only from 3+ feet.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

But only from 3+ feet.

You must be one of my 29 subscribers
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

You must be one of my 29 subscribers
                      You are correct sir. A mere block in the foundation of your nascent Youtube empire!

Comment

The mere fact that you make it to the end of my videos is hilarious, I assume nobody is still watching by the end so I start saying nonsense

Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

The mere fact that you make it to the end of my videos is hilarious, I assume nobody is still watching by the end so I start saying nonsense
                          Snow you don't.

Comment

this youtube empire you speak of is news to me.
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              this youtube empire you speak of is news to me.
                              Im trying to steal the last 8 people who come to R3V, come join me.

Dont forget to like comment and subscribe lol
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Link
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X