Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't like the game, but the game likes me. I'm lying, I freaking LOVE BMW.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like the game, but the game likes me. I'm lying, I freaking LOVE BMW.

Ok, so a while back I popped in to complain about e30 prices. I wanted a e30 318is.
    The 318 was specific, because I am tired of wrenching. I'm tired of buckets. I just want to spend time with my family (3 kids now, and number 4 on the way!), work, make money, and have fun.

So I was less than a month away from buying a new Chevy Bolt. Yes, I was about to do this. I parted out my 11.25@133mph B5S4 about a year ago. I was ready to goin the complete opposite direction.

But, been talking with my Wife, who doesn't like to spend money.... and we have compromised. The compromise, is that I'll be picking up a 98 E36 M3/4/5 very shortly. We will spend less than the downpayment I was going to put on the Bolt. We will spend more in fuel, but less than a car payment....

And the worst part is, I am extremely EXCITED! I am excited to be back in a BMW. I'm excited to be back in a manual. I'm excited to be back in a RWD, and I'm excited to be behind a straight 6 again. That one time that I put a Ford 5.0 into an e30, I destroyed a car....

But anywho. Hey, I'm Ben, and I am a confused motherf*cker. That said, I look forward to getting back into a BMW. I've had 2 e30s, (one I 5.0 swapped.) Then a e34 m30b35/5 speed. On to a few other vehicles, then B5S4, spent mucho money and built the powerhouse I always wanted... but now I'm back, after driving a diesel 08 grand cherokee for 4 years.

This time around, I'm 34 going on 35. I just want to maintain this car and enjoy it in it's factory form.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Side note, when I pick up this car from my brother... (fitting because my first e30 was purchased from him. It had a snapped timing belt. I swapped a new engine in on christmas eve.).

I think I need to just get the vanity plate "cokgblr" and see if I can find any old r3v members in the wild....
    No E30 Club
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

We're not paying for your registration, man.

Edit:
      Also, welcome back too, I suppose.
      Last edited by roguetoaster; 02-19-2021, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Lol I love this thread
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Where are the pictures?
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

of the wife.

t
              we're older now, but not much more mature
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

love it, welcome back.
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Welcome back. I bet you'll start mods within a year.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                    Welcome back. I bet you'll start mods within a year.
                    My thoughts exactly!

Good to see ya.
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Just got it home. Snapped a photo along the way.

Love the car, my only complaint is that the clutch delay valve gave me a scare getting on the highway on the 2-3 and 3-4 shift. Held fine if I shifted a little slower and waited to give it throttle. Little Google and sounds like I'm not the only one.

So yea, about that whole modification thing.... that valve has got to go.

No E30 Club

Comment

Looks great! I would love to own an M3/4/5 one day.

Comment

I admire people who know exactly what they want. I easily get distracted with shiny new(er) things

Comment

Working...
                          X