Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member. Honda haters show yourselves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member. Honda haters show yourselves.

New member. Been a Miata track car guy (running a 99 with built block/boosted - 350rwhp)

just picked this beauty up as my wife was tired of just watching me at car events/track days. Somewhat unfinished project car (car idles but not much else yet), looking forward to working with this platform.

1985 318 with a K20z1 swapped in. Really great condition rust free chassis and a full truck full of spare parts to go with it.

Very excited to join another passionate group of enthusiasts and looking forward to learning a new chassis through the process of building this into a weekend street / hpde car.

e30 k swap is such a dream!!!! cant wait to see where this goes.

Comment

Damn someone sold an unfinished k-swap... nice
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Welcome! I don’t think you’ll find too many k-swap haters here. I’m also quite keen on doing a k24z3 swap.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Damn someone sold an unfinished k-swap... nice
          When the realized the shame they brought upon their family with the swap it was either sell or seppuku. Happy OP?

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
            Welcome! I don’t think you’ll find too many k-swap haters here. I’m also quite keen on doing a k24z3 swap.
            Haha. I figured I wouldn’t. Just thought I would stir the pot a bit to start off. K24 was the plan if I built one up. Just couldn’t resist something already packaged up. Eventual goal (most likely a few years out-chassis needs love first - and I want my wife to get used to the car with a bit less hp first) will be a 500-600hp turbo k. Starting to get bored with my Miata so I think I need something with big power to scare me for a bit again.

Miata photo for street cred.

Comment

Comment

Nice, saw that car on CL last week. Have fun with it!

Comment

Originally posted by famousamos56 View Post
                  Miata photo for street cred.
                  Sus.

Comment

Very nice!

K swap is on the shortlist for me.
                    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Yay another Miata/E30 owner! :D

Great that it's a 318 chassis swapped with a K. Keeps the four cylinder theme.

Welcome to the forum.
                      I think you'll enjoy building the car up, it really is a great chassis.

Comment

Keep us posted of all the things your found wrong and all the things needed to make it track worthy.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                          Keep us posted of all the things your found wrong and all the things needed to make it track worthy.
                          Will do.

Planning on starting a build thread shortly. Will be a slowwww build as life is very busy right now.

Comment

This swap makes so much sense to me. Makes great power N/A or boosted. Parts readily available and it's modern. I'm a M20 guy, but I believe if anything ever happened to my setup I would do this swap.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

Originally posted by It's Soda Not Pop View Post
                              This swap makes so much sense to me. Makes great power N/A or boosted. Parts readily available and it's modern. I'm a M20 guy, but I believe if anything ever happened to my setup I would do this swap.
                              K power industries also makes this a pretty much drop in swap now, so I would assume it will start to become much more popular. Just as it has in the Miata community due to their kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X