Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Figured I'd finally start a proper thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should be good...

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
      Yay! Looking mighty fine, amigo.
      Thank you! So is yours! I need to not lose my drive and clean up the engine bay too, your engine bay is making me jealous.

I'm hoping I'll be able to sneak out of the house later to go over and do some more work to it. A buddy of mine is coming over to help on Tuesday and I hope will be able to finish up the reseal/refresh on Tuesday.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Subscribed
        sigpic

Comment

moar pictorz

Comment

Made some more progress last night and tonight. Also looks like I have a line on some of the TMS swap headers already with some nice downpipes into a single.

Changed out the rear main seal, valve cover/spark plugs gaskets, water pump/thermostat/thermostat housing.

Also got my belt on for the power steering delete (thanks for giving us all the measurement hoveringuy!!). I'll also be removing the AC stuff from the car. I figure dropping p/s, A/C and the M20 oil cooler just about negates the added weight of the S52.

Got my OBD-I Sensors on and the oil filter housing gasket changed.

Then while not paying attention, promptly fucked up my crank position sensor trying to move it out of the way. Shitty pic, but you can see I cracked the sheath and I'm sure damaged the wire inside.

Then got the new spring clip/fork lever in. I would have bolted up the clutch and trans this evening but realized my custom built clutch, the shop gave me the wrong throwout bearing, went back today, not them or anyone else in town had it, so I had to pay BMA to 2nd day air so we could bolt the clutch up on friday.

And new slave cylinder, rear seal on the trans, new flex disc, and new bolts/nuts.

Hoping to get the engine/trans in this Saturday and get all the mechanicals hooked up and start wiring the engine and putting in the radiator/hoses/etc. Should be sending off my injectors to witchhunter tomorrow so we can put the intake on and fill up the engine with fluids and try to start it the following weekend.

We will actually get all that accomplished? Don't know yet, but we are going to try!

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Nice mang! You made some serious progress in the past few days.
              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Secksay times!

Got my 280mm Racing Brake Corrado rotors and Massive brackets yesterday and my Dynapros and pads should be shipping tomorrow or Monday.

Looks like I'm also gettin the TMS Shorty headers already with modded downtubes to clear the E30 subframe. Looks like there is a chance they may also get a fresh black coating of Jet Hot as well.

Sent the injectors to Witchhunter yesterday and it looks like we are still on schedule to drop the engine/trans in tomorrow.

Feels good to be actually making progress now!

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Looking really really good!!! I keep hearing people say stuff about using spacers inorder to clear the headers.....i as well bought ebay headers and and wondering what people are using as spacers? big ass washers or what?
                  Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    Secksay times!

Got my 280mm Racing Brake Corrado rotors and Massive brackets yesterday and my Dynapros and pads should be shipping tomorrow or Monday.

Looks like I'm also gettin the TMS Shorty headers already with modded downtubes to clear the E30 subframe. Looks like there is a chance they may also get a fresh black coating of Jet Hot as well.

Sent the injectors to Witchhunter yesterday and it looks like we are still on schedule to drop the engine/trans in tomorrow.

can we see some pics of the brake stuff :)

E30's and 24V motors are meant to be.
                    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Ask, and ye shall receive.

Stock sized, UUC slotted rotor on left...Racing Brake brand Corrado rotor on the right.

The super slick Massive brackets, well one of them.

And my THR Booster. Not pictured is the new stock master cylinder and UUC coated stainless steel brake lines (to replace the old non-coated ones).

Getting ready to head back over to the engine and get the new exhaust studs installed. Then tomorrow we'll bolt up the clutch/trans/starter and bolt that too the engine, and hopefully get the engine trans in the car and bolted down.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Awesome. I'll be keeping an eye on this fo sho.

Interesting decision to stick with the G260 and 3.73. The first two gears I'd think would just be too short, I wish first was a big longer in my G260 (and M20) and that's with a mere 140-150 hp at the wheels (optimistically).

The UK-spec sport transmission and 3.73 I'd think would be a nice match to the S52. Don't remember the ratios of the E36 ZF off the top of my head.

Comment

I wanted a 3.64 + the 235 or 245/40/17s that I'll run would have made 1st and 2nd just where I wanted them.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                            Secksay times!

I seriously considered the Turner shorty's, but they were out of stock when I wanted to order them, so I took that as directions to get the eBay headers. Black jethot? I imagine they'll look 'hyper black', which is muy bueno.

Side note: I much respect for all the folks that are doing the swap themselves. Good job, all.
                            I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

235/40R17s are about a 2% increase in rolling diameter and 245/40R17s are a 3% increase... what sort of gearing were you looking for?

Comment

3.64 as mentioned above. The 5-6% increase (I think, forgot the numbers) along with the increased redline/useable power of the S52 should make 61-62 in 2nd.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X