Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Figured I'd finally start a proper thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to chime in... somewhat in awe of how quickly your getting this done.

Epic..... Fkin.......Thread

Cant wait to see it, maybe hear it??? (hint).....fire up. Did you say what exhaust your gonna run?

Nice work bro
    sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

TMS Shorty headers, into a single 2.5", through a Thermal Research & Development muffler. I'm sure it will be loud/raspy, but I want to get it on the road first then I'll add another muffler/resonator later down the line.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

here are those pics

let me know if you need more.
        http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Thank you kind sir!

On a related note, 6 of these showed up on my doorstep today.

Sent them to WitchHunter performance to be cleaned and flow tested. They cleaned up well and brought the variance down from 5.2% to 2.1%, with good spray patterns and consistent resistance.

Hoping with the help of a friend on Saturday and daniel's pictures we will have the car wired up and ready to fire on Saturday. Just have to hope my THR adapter and headers get here in time, if not, it will be next week sometime.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

i sent my injectors to witchhunter also. good stuff.
            http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Got a few more little parts today, 3.73LSD, miscellaneous nuts/bolts, ICV, etc. Oh and these sexy beauties.

TMS Shorties with a nice downpipe that goes into a single 3" V-band, going to get the other side of the V-band and draw it down to a 2.5" single all the way back.

Have a TON of work to do tomorrow to be able to attempt startup. But I'm hoping we can pull it off and get the car fired up. Would make me a seriously happy camper.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                Got a few more little parts today, 3.73LSD, miscellaneous nuts/bolts, ICV, etc. Oh and these sexy beauties.

TMS Shorties with a nice downpipe that goes into a single 3" V-band, going to get the other side of the V-band and draw it down to a 2.5" single all the way back.

Have a TON of work to do tomorrow to be able to attempt startup. But I'm hoping we can pull it off and get the car fired up. Would make me a seriously happy camper.
                Those. Are. Awesome.
                I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

polak, will do and thanks for the tip on the vacuum canister. Any pics of how/where you mounted it?
                  My dad made a bracket, and we mounted it horizontally below the master. I don't have any good pics, but I hope this helps.

It's a pretty tight fit, so you have to get creative.

Good luck Buddy! :woowoo:

Fuck those headers + downpipes are so beautiful! :puppy:
                  Last edited by e30polak; 08-22-2009, 09:57 AM.
                  Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^Thanks for the visual!

Yes the headers/downpipes/collector are truly amazing pieces. We made some progress today, but not as much as I had hoped. Getting to the bolts on those shorty headers is truly a MONSTEROUS pain in the ass.

Apparently I forgot to order the OBD-I DME Coolant temp sensor.

So we decided not to go ahead and put the intake on. Still got most the harness wired up, brake booster and master cylinder back on. Engine is filled with Royal Purple.

Things left on the to do list:

Get the new clutch line on.
                    Finish wiring harness.
                    Figure out how to mount S54 M-Coupe radiator.
                    Intake manifold/throttle body mounted.
                    Vacuum lines and the last few coolant hoses.
                    New front hub/bearings
                    Massive 280mm kit up front and new pads/rotors rear.
                    Bleed brake and clutch line.
                    Mount rear swaybar and reinforcement plates.
                    Install 3.73 diff.
                    Fill diff/trans/coolant.

Pray that we wired it correctly and it starts!

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

awesome project man. good luck getting it finished!!
                      318is fund, $0.

Comment

A nice little box of goodies arrived yesterday. A pair of calipers and set of brake pads.

I went ahead and ordered the coolant sensor and E36 fuel tank breather valve and a few other little small odds and ends, including a stock E30 radiator, don't want to half ass install the radiator just to get the MCoupe one in there, so it went back. Also ordered a Spal fan from Bimmerworld today as well.

Fuck am I sick of looking at this broke down E30 in my driveway.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I went ahead and ordered the coolant sensor and E36 fuel tank breather valve and a few other little small odds and ends, including a stock E30 radiator, don't want to half ass install the radiator just to get the MCoupe one in there, so it went back. Also ordered a Spal fan from Bimmerworld today as well.

Fuck am I sick of looking at this broke down E30 in my driveway.
                          The MCoupe rad fit in fine as stock on my M20 E30. Just had to snip/roll the flange on the front, like below:

'89 325i track sloot
                          '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Note to self, always make sure you have the correct mounting hardware. DOH!

Oh well.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Just ordered a Spal fan from BW and a set of wheel studs from Vorshlag. Hoping to button it up this weekend.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

nice progress, looking forward to seeing this thing run, and more importantly hearing a sound clip...

fucking aye that is a shit load of money in parts, but rest assured it will be an entirely different car when all is said and done..

good luck!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X