Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Figured I'd finally start a proper thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have my kudos sir. reminds me of my chipped eta, just not as all out performance. ;)

Comment

what kind of calipers are going to squeeze those rotors?!
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Wilwood Dynapros, they hopefully they will be leaving Arizona on Tuesday with BP-20 pads courtesy of "der affe"

Just got through dropping the motor and trans in, getting ready to go back out and hook up the shift linkage and call it a day.

Pics and status update to follow shortly.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
          Wilwood Dynapros, they hopefully they will be leaving Arizona on Tuesday with BP-20 pads courtesy of "der affe"

Just got through dropping the motor and trans in, getting ready to go back out and hook up the shift linkage and call it a day.

Pics and status update to follow shortly.
          well you certainly aren't wasting anytime putting this in!!!
          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

^My car has been down since February and I bought the motor in March, so it has taken awhile. But after doing all the other stuff, I started saving then got an "extra" paycheck in July so that allowed me to go on a parts buying spree.

2nd, I think the trans in my DD is about to take a shit (and it's not worth fixing) so getting this done ASAP is now paramount.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Flywheel/clutch/trans bolted up!

Left to right: Kevin (behind the lift), Pete, Curt. Without these guys helping out on getting the motor out, helping with the suspension and other projects this swap wouldn't have been possible. I owe them big time for all the help.

Oh so close!

In, but the hoist is still connected.

And finally IN! Engine, trans and shifter are now in! Flex disc and driveshaft bolted up as well. Went with the E36 shifter kit from BMA, the new lever and bushings feel awesome.

Now I've got to get the intake/throttle body/headers on. Get my fuel injectors from Witchhunter, new boots on my coils, and the biggest pain in the ass-get the wiring harness and cooling and vacuum hoses on. We are hoping we will be able to start the car by the end of this coming Saturday.

Also waiting for the diff to get here as well and get the rear sway in, then do all the brakes.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

wow you've made so much progress in the last few days!

what diff are you running?

looks like you've got a few rust spots on your windshield, near your wipers, or is it just your wipers? :P

s50 downunder yo!

Comment

Oh noes another S5X powered bronzit. Hope this one survives. Waiting for completed project.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Stylin, mang!!

That's a great picture of Kevin, btw :p
                  I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Looking good man! Hopefully this week that exhaust will be there for ya with new jet-hot... Still waiting to hear from the rep so fingers crossed on that.

Comment

Schweet! Great progress Buddy!

Let me know how that Massive kit works for you!

BTW. You may want to pick up a vacuum reserve canister from Summit to go along with the 320 booster. The brake pedal effort SUCKS BALLS with that booster! I'm using this one and the brake feel is better than stock!

Free Shipping - Summit Racing™ Vacuum Reservoirs with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Vacuum Reservoirs at Summit Racing.

Can't wait for videos!
                      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

bergie, going with a 3.73 and Getrag 260, should be fun!

M, I will hopefully not be going down in the annals of "R3V" history.

mark, kevin (like me) isn't really a picture guy!

Bob, I hope so! I'm going by Sears this week to pick up an 11mm ratcheting wrench on your suggestion.

polak, will do and thanks for the tip on the vacuum canister. Any pics of how/where you mounted it?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

If you dont use the charcoal cannister it can go there or just put it right next to it like I did.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I was going to keep the charcoal canister. Just flipped the bracket around 180 degrees. Still have to make one final order with BMA today.

I'm also going to convert to studs I think, just need to decide where I'm going to get them from, any suggestions?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Studs as in wheel studs? I would order from bimmerworld.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Yeah, wheel studs. I was thinking about Vorshlag, but it looks like prices have gone up recently. I thought I remembered them selling an E30 kit for around $70, but it looks like now it's about $125.

Not alot considering the price of the swap, but we also just put a contract on a house so I'm trying to keep all the money I can in the bank!

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X