Cabrio rescue unit. (mtechII inside)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RwMystery
    replied
    Amazing looking.. It's so pristine. You've livened it up a lot!

    Leave a comment:


  • metalsoul
    replied
    Thanks, I do, but I was so attracted to the beautiful paint and 75k original miles, that I feel like I over paid for it based on what it still needs, and what I keep adding to the list...but hey, at least I won't get bored!

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Originally posted by metalsoul
    Really looks awesome bro...made me wish I woulda just bought it off ya!
    Thanks! You got yourself a fine cabrio though. Keep it up.

    Leave a comment:


  • metalsoul
    replied
    Really looks awesome bro...made me wish I woulda just bought it off ya!

    Leave a comment:


  • jefffribourg
    replied
    you saved this car. looks so nice now=]

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    *golf clap*

    Leave a comment:


  • VicSkimmr
    replied
    muchas gracias

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Thanks guys. I got the seats of ebay from a place called leatherseats.com

    Leave a comment:


  • Schwarz325
    replied
    Awesome looking vert! where did you find the leather covers?

    Leave a comment:


  • VicSkimmr
    replied
    Looks mint! Where did you get the leather kit from? That looks nice.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Update time!

    So, where were we….ah yes, the interior! The back seats were easy enough but the front seats took a bit more work. There are 7 pieces of leather for each seat and they need to be totally disassembled. Once apart, I took a wire brush to the rails and painted them, greased the mechanics, and cleaned the backs. The back was messed up by one of the PO next to the latch. I may try to find another one. I took my time with the first on (passenger) and this is the result…




    Outside pix for comparo.




    Since I now knew what I was getting into, I can organize all the tools I needed for the drivers seat. This was much easier


    I got a new bolster from a fellow r3v’er to replace the chewed up one. Easy fix.



    Once my finger tips stopped aching from pulling leathers, I moved to other parts that need attention. Since the carpet looked shot before cleaning, I had it set in my mind that I wanted it to be black. This will make the seats stand out. But after a good cleaning the carpet looked pretty good. But I still went with black.
    Before…

    After 3 cans. In the end, was into a 5 can so its actually darker than these pix.


    Speaker covers were next



    And cleaned these nasty things.


    With all the interior bits done it was time for install!
    All of this…

    Into this…


    In three hours gives me this…






    Total time for redoing the seats was ~18hours. I think it came out good. Until next time,




    Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • OOMPH!
    replied
    Holy shit balls this is turning out hot! Keep up the good work bro!

    Leave a comment:


  • 325ix
    replied
    Looks very nice. However, I like your glacier better.

    Leave a comment:


  • whysimon
    replied
    there's a guy selling a dash cover on Nashville craigslist for $100 I think.

    Leave a comment:


  • sohc12vm20
    replied
    Very Nice, Great job bro!

    Leave a comment:

Working...