Alpine turbo track rat(lots O pics)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iwantspeed
    replied
    Originally posted by obrian
    Yes, the vent is on the other side of the motor now. Still not a very cool set up and will be doing something else with it as soon as its running again. Very stinky in traffic. Thanks for the compliments.
    awesome.

    any updated pictures?

    can you take a few more of the cage work

    Leave a comment:


  • obrian
    replied
    Yes, the vent is on the other side of the motor now. Still not a very cool set up and will be doing something else with it as soon as its running again. Very stinky in traffic. Thanks for the compliments.

    Leave a comment:


  • wazzu70
    replied
    Originally posted by sayed ali
    Woow! Great job :)

    Any engine bay shots?
    Yeah, its an old thread...so what! That car is slick. I lust for your wheels.

    Get that thing over to ORP!

    Leave a comment:


  • iwantspeed
    replied
    I would like to congratulate you on a nice build,
    I noticed your crankcase breather on the valve cover and having the filter being right over the exhaust, if any oil did come out it would drip on the exhaust,

    maybe have lean towards the brake booster?

    Originally posted by obrian

    Leave a comment:


  • unloadedak
    replied
    i want that cage.

    Leave a comment:


  • 42000
    replied
    lol, yeahh. Didn't mean to bring the heat to your thread. haha

    but will you street drive it?

    Originally posted by gkurey
    if you have even a little bit of padding, I think the risk is greatly reduced. Keep in mind most e30s are already airbagless cars with the safety designs of a standard 80's car...important to keep perspective on that. I wouldnt really be afraid to drive a car with a full cage every day.
    Exactly How I feel

    Leave a comment:


  • gkurey
    replied
    if you have even a little bit of padding, I think the risk is greatly reduced. Keep in mind most e30s are already airbagless cars with the safety designs of a standard 80's car...important to keep perspective on that. I wouldnt really be afraid to drive a car with a full cage every day.

    Leave a comment:


  • obrian
    replied
    Originally posted by 42000
    Are you planning on street driving the car at all? Or it's pretty much going to be all track time? I keep reading tons of debate over the safety of a full cage in a street car (ie driving around with no helmet) Some say it is extremely dangerous, others say a proper cage and harness should keep you from hitting your head on the cage and you should be perfectly safe.

    Thoughts? Opinions?
    Sorry, to big of a can of worms to get into here. LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • 42000
    replied
    Are you planning on street driving the car at all? Or it's pretty much going to be all track time? I keep reading tons of debate over the safety of a full cage in a street car (ie driving around with no helmet) Some say it is extremely dangerous, others say a proper cage and harness should keep you from hitting your head on the cage and you should be perfectly safe.

    Thoughts? Opinions?

    Leave a comment:


  • gkurey
    replied
    Excellent! I wish you best of luck, and I'll keep watching for good updates!

    Leave a comment:


  • obrian
    replied
    Originally posted by gkurey
    Sorry if this was already covered...you are just planning on using this for general track days/hot lapping? No specific racing organization/class?

    Great car! I really have a thing for AW e30s, not that I am biased or anything!
    Yep, thats the plan. Of course its all street legal also.::D

    Leave a comment:


  • gkurey
    replied
    Sorry if this was already covered...you are just planning on using this for general track days/hot lapping? No specific racing organization/class?

    Great car! I really have a thing for AW e30s, not that I am biased or anything!

    Leave a comment:


  • obrian
    replied
    Originally posted by gkurey
    I like what you've done a lot man! Reminds me of my S14 (nissan) I had before my e30...full cage, all home fab...good to see people out there who do their own work!

    I like the exhaust too...very clean/few bends. What sort of numbers are you expecting as far as power goes?

    Bravo, sir, bravo!
    Thank you, I appreciate the feed back:D. As far as numbers, between 300 and 400? Should be in that ballpark.

    Leave a comment:


  • obrian
    replied
    Originally posted by James Crivellone
    I presume you will be running this at PIR? Looks like a nice clean build and I look forward to seeing how reliable the turbo is under track/race conditions.

    My only criticisms relate to the cage. I know this is only for lapping, but as the car appears to be a pretty purpose built I would have gone with NASCAR door bars on the drivers side that flow into the inner door. I know its not a racecar (per say), but all it takes is one good side impact and those bars are very close to you sitting in the car.

    I went rather overboard when I built my racecar in terms of safety, so perhaps its just paranoia talking, but when things happen at 120+ MPH I want something between me and the other guy / wall i'm hitting.

    my
    Well, there is alot of discussion about door bar designes. Some think the extra crush room that nascar door bars provide is better. And some think the extra tension in the connected V bar design is better. That discussion goes on and on. Im more of a rally car kind of guy, so thats kind of how I build my cars.
    I cant wate to get this out to PIR. Hope to meet you out there. OB

    Leave a comment:


  • gkurey
    replied
    I like what you've done a lot man! Reminds me of my S14 (nissan) I had before my e30...full cage, all home fab...good to see people out there who do their own work!

    I like the exhaust too...very clean/few bends. What sort of numbers are you expecting as far as power goes?

    Bravo, sir, bravo!

    Leave a comment:

Working...