Alpine turbo track rat(lots O pics)
Collapse
X
-
I presume you will be running this at PIR? Looks like a nice clean build and I look forward to seeing how reliable the turbo is under track/race conditions.
My only criticisms relate to the cage. I know this is only for lapping, but as the car appears to be a pretty purpose built I would have gone with NASCAR door bars on the drivers side that flow into the inner door. I know its not a racecar (per say), but all it takes is one good side impact and those bars are very close to you sitting in the car.
I went rather overboard when I built my racecar in terms of safety, so perhaps its just paranoia talking, but when things happen at 120+ MPH I want something between me and the other guy / wall i'm hitting.
my
Leave a comment:
-
After a few goof ups in my megasquirt PNP set up (all my fault), Derek at DMS (bluepineapplesoda) and Russ at DIY got me all dialed in. I drove and tuned a couple nights. I used the VE analyzer that megasquirt offers for $50 to auto tune some of my settings, along with a turbo tune that Derek sent me. And some mapping changes that I made for my set up.
I cant believe how good it idles and starts up with the 60lb injectors and no factory IDCV. Just turn the key and its ideling. I have to admitt i was a little intimidated to deal with tuning a system the I had never used before, but if i can do it. Its actually fun to make changes in the tuning. And it runs fucking killer.
And to top that off i went to the Oregon DEQ today and it passed no problem. All legal and on it. The guys working there were looking at me kind of funny, all caged and strapped in. One of the guys asked me if the motor was stock. I said of course it is, he laughed and told me he had a 98 m3 and used to have a e30. I think he was suprised it passed. Anyways here are a couple engine bay shots. (never minde the ghetto filter) I have to find on that will fit. And for those that might have been wondering, I also stoped by the scales today. It is 2400lb almost empty gas tank. ive got another 100lb to pull out.
Last edited by obrian; 08-15-2012, 10:02 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Well its definately not as harsh on the street as i figured it would be. Especially with the track valved konis and pretty firm spring rates. Way less than some of my past cars. Not a super big difference from the H&Rs and billys. I want it to be super on it on the good sections of road, and I can just deal with the crappy sections. I hope its stiff enough for the track. We'll see. Its a proven setup so its gotta work OK. I also took out the rubber in the steering, I think that was a worth while mod.
Leave a comment:
-
love your car bro:)
btw is there a huge difference between the gc and the bilstein/h&r setup ?Leave a comment:
-
-
-
Talk about an inspiration! This is basically the end goal for my Alpine sitting in my garage right now--only with turbo stroked M50 power. This thing is on point, great job.Leave a comment:
-
Basically just use the bumper cover. No beam. Its easy to make brackets because of the removable trim, so you can hide the mounts bolts or screws behinde the trim ya know. You may or may not want to remove about .5in or so from the top of the bumper cover edge. It sits pretty tucked if you just leave the covers stock and set them against the body.. fab some bolt on brackets to go behind and attach. Its probably easier than it sounds.Last edited by obrian; 08-05-2012, 10:07 PM.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: