• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+ now new recirculated air is cooler ;)

Comment

valence on

Comment

Tapped manifold. Redid vacuum lines. Still running too lean. Car stalls on me. Warmed it up took it for a spin, won't build any boost. Goes from vacuum to 0 and not one stop higher. Anyone else have this issue before? What have i missed

Comment

Did a smoke test today. There are no boost leaks. Also no codes begin thrown.

Ill take the plugs out first thing tomorrow. No the tune is for my identical setup as i mentioned.

My waste gate was leaking but even fixed the car won't build any boost and barely idles.

I unplugged the MAF and thats when it finally drives/acts normal but still doesn't build any boost.

Comment

curious as to why you're recirculating the BOV? for shits and giggles have you tried unhooking that and running it?
            sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Car is finally boosting with stiffer spring. Once it hits boost its almost as if everything was fixed. AFRs are where they should be. Once I let off, the gas/idle/and getting back into boost is a struggle, it boggs, and runs super lean, 18+.

Yes I tried running without the BOV recirculating and since its now closed it makes no difference at idle. During boost it needs to recirculate as the MAF is tuned for this draw through setup and has already accounted for the air it let in. Idealy ice like to go to a traditional setup but with this tune it will stay like this for a while.

Comment

Are you sure your vacuum lines on your waste gate are hooked up correctly? I have seen people hook the tial up wrong and get all kinds of weird problems.

Do you have a boost controller or anything installed?

Also another thought to add, if you didn't change any wiring or anything else major from the original swap, I would look heavily into the turbo parts. I am sure you already knew this, but I some times like to hear people repeat the great ideas that I come up with.

Comment

100% on waste gate and BOV. They were wrong originally and I just redid them. I had a boost leaks on both. No boost controller. Went mechanical and found the exact springs I need. Not sure about waste gate spring. Hopefully it won't over boost but right now its holding at least a cpl psi and shutting at idle and vacuum.

I am thinking right now two things:

1.The tiny vacuum leak I have on the manifold is enough to change the AFR that much? Could that be possible. When we did the smoke test there was a whisper of smoke coming from the idle control valve. Would the heavy negative 20lb vacuum turn that into the problem?

2. There is enough air just not enough fuel? Fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator are begin weird? I would think this for sure but the car runs amazing once it gets into boost. Just terrible out. So if they were faulty I feel like my AFR would be also super lean in boost and they're perfect where they are.

3. Im going crazy.

Comment

I found a big vacuum leak coming from the brake booster seal. I took it out and it was all cracked and hard. New parts otw. Lets see what that does. Replacing other vacuum lines incase.

Comment

wow nice work

Comment

nothing guys :/ ... replaces 3 hoses. brake booster seal. AFRs now move around between 17-18 so i guess a tiny bit lower. rpms are also a little low around 450. tried unplugging MAF and now it idles up and down not like it used to be steady. I'm really out of ideas

Comment

last thing I'm hoping for is capping off the purge valve that goes into the canister. Anyone with experience on this?

Comment

What's the fuel pressure at idle? The whole lean problem is strange seeing how you get below 13 under boost. What chip exactly do you have in? Also, the injectors are probably fine but did you check the ohms were in spec before putting them in. You said that you have a 450 idle but is it bouncing or relatively steady? Typically you'll see higher idle when a vacuum leak is involved.

Also just curious what spark gap your running.

'89 535i/5 Holset WH1E turbo
                            Follow my m106 megasquirt build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Squirt-content

Comment

I didn't get a fuel pressure gauge. no idea on that, need to test it. Its a flashed obdi tune. yea injectors are in spec. the revs bounce around a bit

Comment

when i unplug MAF they bounce around a lot, before they used to be real steady

Comment

Working...
                                X