No announcement yet.

My 1988 e30 325ix - Garage'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a better angle of how low it sits now. It's low enough for me. Now I just need some new wheels for the upcoming summer. I also smashed my vband clamp coming out of my complex on a speed bump. So I fixed that and we are good to go again!

Comment

I couple pictures today I took during a drive for tuning. Car is lowered now. I think I'm gonna raise the rear a little bit.

Comment

That thing is looking great- also, wow, what an incredible backdrop!
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
          That thing is looking great- also, wow, what an incredible backdrop!
          Thanks Bobbie! I'm glad to have made it this far. I recently took apart that diff you sent me a few years ago and getting ready to freshen it up with some new seals and powder coated cover. That will be a nice little nugget.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryGM
            Can't wait to see the new looks with the new wheels. My uncle is actually looking to get this 325IX as the next project after we finished installing the suspension and kmc wheels on the current Silverado project. Looks like the Ground spring and Koni shocks is a good combo.
            Thanks man! Probably going to go with some lightweight 5 spokes I'd I can find some. IX isn't the easiest car to buy wheels for, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
              Thanks Bobbie! I'm glad to have made it this far. I recently took apart that diff you sent me a few years ago and getting ready to freshen it up with some new seals and powder coated cover. That will be a nice little nugget.
              Nice!! I still remember the car that drivetrain came out of like it was yesterday- it was so nice/so sad it was wrecked- the only consolation was seeing some of the parts end up with good homes. Crazy that was a few years ago.

Are you dropping the subframe as well? Could be a good opportunity to do RWD subframe bushings now that the car is lowered to correct some of that rear toe.
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Looking great! Wonderful backdrop for the photos. Glad to see I'm not the only one that brings along the little ones for drives and photos. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                  Nice!! I still remember the car that drivetrain came out of like it was yesterday- it was so nice/so sad it was wrecked- the only consolation was seeing some of the parts end up with good homes. Crazy that was a few years ago. Are you dropping the subframe as well? Could be a good opportunity to do RWD subframe bushings now that the car is lowered to correct some of that rear toe.
                  I def plan on dropping the rear subframe, but not at the moment. I haven't even had a chance to fill enjoy the car in it's current state. I had an oring fail on my oil filter relocation kit and I'm waiting for some better quality Viton orings to show up. I wanna enjoy the summer in the car then work on it some more. Feels like it's always on jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                    Looking great! Wonderful backdrop for the photos. Glad to see I'm not the only one that brings along the little ones for drives and photos. :-)
                    Thanks Mike! I saw someone out a car seat in the front of their 2002 at a car meet and I asked how that was possible in the front seat. Guy told me without airbags it's totally fine, so now I got a little buddy to come with. She loves it and acts like a "cool girl" the whole time. Haha

Comment

I was getting some vibration driving at speed. Pretty positive it is my hub rings, so I got some better ones to replace the old plastic ones with. When I replaced my old tires with the Nitto I have on there now is when I started getting vibrations at speed. I took it back to the tire shop who load balanced each tire and said they came back balanced. I never really connected the dots till recently that this was due to the old rings probably having been broken during the tire change. Now I got some nice CNC'd rings from Motorsport-Tech.

Comment

You can see how trashed the old ones were.

Comment

wow yea thats a recipe for disaster. I used plastic hub rings on the MR2, but they are razor thin. Metal is definitely needed with that much of a gap.

Coilovers look great!
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I run plastic hubcentric rings, but I'm 99% sure they're not hollow like that. Interesting to see
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                              I run plastic hubcentric rings, but I'm 99% sure they're not hollow like that. Interesting to see
                              These things had to be so old. A lot of odd race stuff on this car from the first owner who planned on racing it I guess. These were made by some company named Gorilla.

Comment

Spring has arrived in Utah! Got some new brake rotors and pads installed and took the car out for a drive with a friend. This was almost like a maiden voyage for me. I've been driving the car on short distances to pick up my daughter from school, but nothing on the highway or anything further than like 2 miles away from my house. The car did great! I'm happy with how it feels and sounds. I had to dial back the ol "crackle tune" cause it was just too much for me, but got it to a realm of acceptable. Car is loud af, but it all works. I'm pumped on how this car is coming together, but I'm starting to want to redo and quiet my exhaust just a little bit. Pics provided.

Comment

Working...
                                X