New E30 Owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New E30 Owner!

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself; I've done some lurking, but figured it may be time to join the community.

I recently got rid of my e90 and picked up a super clean, single owner 325e for sale in Georgia. My dad lived in that area, so he went and checked the car out.

I made a deal with the seller, and flew from ATX to Atlanta with some of my friends and we had a 1200 mile road trip home (without a hiccup!). She's got just over 90k miles - I've already contributed over 1% of the total mileage.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures that I took on my drive:

I'm excited to learn (and suffer- since I'm not new to BMW) about this car and community!

Here's the rest of the album:
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like ugosplodes.

Sweet low miles E30? - check
    Hipster kicks and beard? - check
    No TX flood water? - check
    Pics of girlfriend? - none......

This concludes the standard r3v greeting.

(Good find with 90k, sheesh!)

Comment

Welcome, enjoy!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Damn...nice find! Always liked the pinstripes on these cars.
        1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
        1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
        1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
        My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Aych View Post
          Damn...nice find! Always liked the pinstripes on these cars.
          Was going to say the same thing about the pinstripes. Looks the best on Alpine whites too.

Congrats on getting a clean E30 and welcome to the community! It looks pretty sorted as is, but this is a perfect candidate for OEM+ IMO. An MTech steering wheel, euro weaves, cow catcher, and a tasteful drop would make this thing amazing.

Comment

Looks like an '85. Definitely a good platform to start messing around. Just be sure you check to make sure you dont have any surprises on the mods, because the 84/85 cars have some oddball differences than most others.
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Looks like an '85. Definitely a good platform to start messing around. Just be sure you check to make sure you dont have any surprises on the mods, because the 84/85 cars have some oddball differences than most others.
              The datecode is listed as 1984-08-01 on the VIN. I didn't know that those years had odd differences. I'll definitely research before I jump the gun on anything. Thank you for the information!

Originally posted by twiggletwaggle View Post
              Was going to say the same thing about the pinstripes. Looks the best on Alpine whites too.

Congrats on getting a clean E30 and welcome to the community! It looks pretty sorted as is, but this is a perfect candidate for OEM+ IMO. An MTech steering wheel, euro weaves, cow catcher, and a tasteful drop would make this thing amazing.
              Thank you! That's the idea right now; keep it clean and simple. I've already got some H&R Sport Springs from the guy that bought my e90, I just have to find time to decide on any other suspension bits and then install. I like the cow catcher idea, but the information I found listed the install as '86+.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugosplodes View Post
                Thank you! That's the idea right now; keep it clean and simple. I've already got some H&R Sport Springs from the guy that bought my e90, I just have to find time to decide on any other suspension bits and then install. I like the cow catcher idea, but the information I found listed the install as '86+.
                Thats one of the pieces thats different. You should look for the later model 51mm Strut housings, because the 84/85 had these oddball 45mm housings or something.

Being a 325e hopefully that means you have rear discs because one of the other strange thing was the drums on the back, but I think that was exclusive to the 318 cars
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Nice find! If you need 51mm tubes and cant find any locally, let me know, I have a spare set in good shape.
                  1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                  1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Hey, I think I saw you the other day on 35 out near Grand Ave! I was in my wagon, but was def admiring the ride. Do you have a tow hitch on this thing?

Edit: Nvm saw the link to more images, I for sure saw you. Nice score on the car it looked super clean, you'll have to come meet up with the other locals on the next get together.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Thats one of the pieces thats different. You should look for the later model 51mm Strut housings, because the 84/85 had these oddball 45mm housings or something.

Being a 325e hopefully that means you have rear discs because one of the other strange thing was the drums on the back, but I think that was exclusive to the 318 cars
                      That's really good to know. Thank you again!

And yeah, you're correct on that. I did find that the rear drums were exclusive to the 318. The 325e for this year did have discs front and back!

Comment

Originally posted by kid8 View Post
                        Hey, I think I saw you the other day on 35 out near Grand Ave! I was in my wagon, but was def admiring the ride. Do you have a tow hitch on this thing?

Edit: Nvm saw the link to more images, I for sure saw you. Nice score on the car it looked super clean, you'll have to come meet up with the other locals on the next get together.
                        You were in the silver e39 wagon? That thing looks amazing.
                        Definitely shoot me a PM when there's a meet!

Comment

Beautiful clean car. Now start adding miles to it, modding it, and loving the hell out of it! I got my vert in February with 212K on it, and I've already got it to 222k lol.

Also, welcome to our club!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

you have some happy days ahead man... now i think it might be time to change the timing belt. ...
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            '90 325i sedan daily driven
                            '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                              you have some happy days ahead man... now i think it might be time to change the timing belt. ...
                              I already love this thing! yeah, I should replace the belt soon. I've got a full book of records.. It was only replaced 20k miles ago... but that was also in 2007!

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
                              Beautiful clean car. Now start adding miles to it, modding it, and loving the hell out of it! I got my vert in February with 212K on it, and I've already got it to 222k lol.

Also, welcome to our club!
                              Hah, absolutely! I'm looking forward to that! And I have absolutely no shame about pouring the miles onto this car!

Comment

Working...
                              X