Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wworm View Post
    how are we feeling about ITB's? :devil: :devil: :devil:
    "For a bit" lol. I think I want to wait till next smog cycle till ITBs honestly. But long tubes will be coming in the near future!

In other news, I just pick n pulled a front lip off an '88 vert and it fits perfectly! $26. Going to re paint then just put it on. Pretty sure it's this guy:

'86 Burgundrot 325 2.8 stroker.

Build thread

Other cars:
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2006 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    1972 Porsche 914

Comment

And here it is :) :

Build thread

Other cars:
      2000 Porsche Boxster
      1972 Porsche 914

Comment

2.8L M20 9.8:1 stroker build: my 323i reincarnated

Naiiiiiceeee

Lip looks
        Good man. This car really came together super well. I didn’t know your interior was as minty fresh as it is.

Did you get that lip at a junkyard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

2.8L M20 9.8:1 stroker build: my 323i reincarnated

Last edited by wworm; 06-09-2018, 03:21 PM. Reason: Double post
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I think we're ready for some burnout pics
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              I think we're ready for some burnout pics
              I tried but my tires are too sticky lol. Too much abuse to make it happen. I'm gonna do it again with my old bottle caps on the rear haha

Build thread

Other cars:
              2000 Porsche Boxster
              1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Originally posted by betz View Post
                I tried but my tires are too sticky lol. Too much abuse to make it happen. I'm gonna do it again with my old bottle caps on the rear haha
                Whatever it takes
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Minor update:

I have been working with my coworker to design a bracket for the M30 AFM. Currently my AFM looks like this on the stock airbox. The top two bolts are not mounted and instead I have some duct insulation on top and wedged a couple silicon plugs below the AFM to take stress off the airbox. While this works well enough, the opening/velocity stack of the M20 airbox is smaller, so.. it's not ideal.

My idea is to make a simple bracket that mounts in the stock airbox location and bends to an angle to mount to the two top screws on the M30 AFM. This way I can support the AFM properly and run a cone filter for proper airflow. We'll mock it up in Inventor and print it out on paper 1:1, test fit, adjust. Then when the dimensions are right I'll have it fabbed up in stainless steel at our shop!

I understand an alternative would be to make new mounting holes and route out the stock airbox. But then i'd have to ditch the stock velocity stack. And... this is more fun! :P

In the meantime I've just been driving the car and enjoying it. It's running superb, feels solid as hell and has been a blast to drive. I just installed some new speakers and they sound great. The Porsche has been sitting on the sidelines more often than not.. but I will be putting in a new motor mount for it this weekend and installing a short shifter so that will change a bit.

As for my exhaust.. I'm still on the lookout for a full stock exhaust system. Meanwhile, I got a lead on a reputable shop that will most likely be cheaper than the one I've been quoted at. I'll try and get a quote from them in the near future.

Build thread

Other cars:
                  2000 Porsche Boxster
                  1972 Porsche 914

Comment

I suppose this is a "member's rides" page so, stoked about the shifter I put in the Boxster after tackling the motor mounts.

Some guy off the 986 forums machines eBay shifters to accept ball bearings. The result? DRAMATIC difference. Before my shifts felt most similar to my roommate's Matrix XRS. Now? It feels shockingly similar to the shifter in the S2000. Seriously. Like a bolt action rifle.

Build thread

Other cars:
                    2000 Porsche Boxster
                    1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Check out muh sick mawds guise!

Was busy having fun replacing the Boxster coolant tank. Was incredibly difficult for a friggin coolant tank.

Meanwhile I'm going to replace my E30 tank just cus the current one is yellow and a new one is like $25 off rock auto

Build thread

Other cars:
                      2000 Porsche Boxster
                      1972 Porsche 914

Comment

NIcE!

Comment

Was looking for a way to make my brakes feel good... I have rebuilt front calipers, stainless steel front brake lines, and a new 750il master cylinder. But now it feels like I'm hitting a brick wall when I'm braking. My friend says it feels like manual brakes. I'm definitely getting *some* braking assist.. but I knew something wasn't right.

So I jumped the gun and bought a reman brake booster. Man was that the right decision.

My booster was absolutely filled with brake fluid! Holy shit.

In other news, I'm picking up a "spare" 325e exhaust this weekend so I can start working on getting my long tubes installed. Car is driving great otherwise though! It's a ton of fun. I drive it the most often :)

Build thread

Other cars:
                          2000 Porsche Boxster
                          1972 Porsche 914

Comment

as I was reading that I thought it was going to go a different way!... thats great news.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              as I was reading that I thought it was going to go a different way!... thats great news.
                              Not sure what you mean by that... but I was looking into big brake kits for a while there. Might've even gotten one if it would clear my wheels. But I'm glad I (hopefully) found the real problem. This might even have my motor running a little better, there had to have been a slight vacuum leak because of the old booster!

Build thread

Other cars:
                              2000 Porsche Boxster
                              1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Good look on the booster. I am waiting to see how you build your exhaust, I've got my IEs just sitting on the car waiting for the exhaust shop.
                                1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X