The tach units are AMPS, not RPM

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxcq6qZB..._web_copy_link
    '92 MTech cabrio: Tesla P85 powered

IG: telsa_bimmer

'95 Alpine M3 5.3 LS, Precision 7675, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
    10.4@136 pump gas at 3530lbs. (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by jon volk View Post
      I thought it was RPMs, my bad. Have you considered pulling the abs signal and converting it to 9 pulse 12v square wave for the speedometer? Or do you have something else you are working on? Are you running a gps for vehicle speed?
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

I have a gps sender. Still need to wire it up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw your video on /Drive, excellent my man!
          Paynemw
          1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
          the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
          1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

This is Awesome!!

The Vid for those that have not seen it yet: Tesla-Swapping a BMW E30 Means You'll Never Miss a Yellow Light Again

1990 325i
            2004 330i Individual 6-speed
            sigpic

Comment

Making progress tuning. 11.87 on the brakes. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sent you a PM.
                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

How the heck did I miss this? I also love how an OG from 2004, comes out of nowhere and does something so crazy. I just saw a video of a Model S motor tear down (which I think is what you have there?), and immediately thought this would be a cool idea.

An interesting thing is electric motors work better with an MT transmission than an AT. The ATs are not efficient and they will also explode when changing gears due to the high torque (there's a reason most electric cars only have one or two gears). And when you come to a stop/start, you do't have to put it in neutral or push in the clutch, since the electric motor can't actually stall. I know that's not what you have here, but that would also be a pretty fun drive I think.

BTW, there's an electric hypercar manufacturer, Rimac, that started out doing an electric swap on an E30 (he built his own motor, controller, etc). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rimac_Concept_One
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    BTW, there's an electric hypercar manufacturer, Rimac, that started out doing an electric swap on an E30 (he built his own motor, controller, etc). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rimac_Concept_One
                    Now they are partners with Porsche.

Comment

Been fine tuning the motor/inverter. Almost time for some slicks.

Comment

I had no idea you had a build thread on r3v.
                        I've been following on Instagram for at least a year I think, but I figured you must've moved on from the forums. I love the updates
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Meanwhile, I've made tens of thousands owning Tesla stock. I could have bought a Model 3 by now...

I don't do Instagram, but I'm really glad this is still moving forward. In E30s, gas is still king - but you're seriously pioneering here. Keeping in mind, hopefully people will still find E30s interesting for decades to come - for projects like this, that keep them relevant.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Fairly new to the site and just ran across this.... absolutely insane, I love it! I think my favorite part of the whole build is the flip-up mechanism behind the grille. Absolute artwork. Well done sir.

Comment

Nice work Jon. 11 second quarters on street tyres is pretty awesome

What are the drag rules like in the US? If you dip below a 10.0 in Australia, you have to fit a roll cage or you're banned from the track. I'd imagine at some point on slicks you might get there.
                              My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                                Nice work Jon. 11 second quarters on street tyres is pretty awesome

What are the drag rules like in the US? If you dip below a 10.0 in Australia, you have to fit a roll cage or you're banned from the track. I'd imagine at some point on slicks you might get there.
                                Hahahah, theyre a joke here. A convertible needs a bar at 13.49, coupe/sedan at 11.49 and a full certified cage at 10.00. With how accurate the Dragy GPS is, I dont have any desire to drive 2.5 hours each way to get kicked out on one pass only for a piece of paper that says the same thing a Dragy.

These pulls are with zero wheel spin and all managing power application through the software tuning. Id like to try some slicks or better tires. These are just super cheap Sumitomo HTRZ-2's. Id like to get it into the 10's on a standard street tire, which should be achievable.

Comment

Working...
                                X