Mission to the Cosmos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    wtf I didn't even notice you rotated E30s again... glad I stumbled on the new thread. Subbed. Don't know who this new simon is though... one of the first mods being a detail and paint correction?? That's uncharacteristic, but appreciated looking forward to the 2.8 build. Change your windshield gasket. It's bothering me.

Well... I did already have the SSRs and suspension done at that point. The OEM stereo in this car was the reason I needed to borrow the OEM stereo tool from ya.

I definitely think its time to start building the 2.8 M20, just need to get the Datsun running and then build a legit work table. That way I have a proper area to tear down the motor

The lock strip on the windshield is definitely an eye-sore, I should do something about that soon
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Solid day today with the cosmonaut. got the day started early with another canyon run. Old Topanga Canyon -> Mulholland -> Stunt Road -> Las Flores Canyon Rd -> Pacific Coast Highway ... then ran a bunch of errands. 140+ Miles by 3pm. Was quite surprised with the eta. It cant keep up with my buddies '14 Mustang GT at all, especially on the longer stretches of Angeles Crest, but on the tighter stuff it held its own next to his 4.10 325is (For Sale!... buy it so he can build a proper off-road E30 and not lift the Bronzit). My suspension/ wheel/ tire package was an advantage over his softer stuff but the ETA torque was just adequate ... good times, but I cant help to think how much more fun the Datsun would be or perhaps a 2.8L M20 and a 3rd pedal non-photographer rolling shots lol a glimpse of the drive hard-parking. Pacific Ocean bitches
      Last edited by 2mAn; 09-07-2019, 06:13 PM.
      Simon
      Current Cars:

Comment

Can’t have nice things...
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

time for overs....
          We're in deep now boys
          1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
          1988 340iL - Track car
          My M60 V8 swap thread here
          [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

NOOOICE! I'll always have a soft spot for Cosmosblau...

-Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Damn that sucks!

Time to strip it down for a full repaint.
              1991 318iC
              1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                Damn that sucks!

Time to strip it down for a full repaint.
                haha a bit of a jump there no?... Im hoping a good PDR can straighten it out and then a good detailer can make it nearly invisible
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

That could work too.
                  1991 318iC
                  1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

2MaN, where you getting all your cool point from huh? Administering them to yourself as a Moderator or did you spectacular shine just come about naturally? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                      2MaN, where you getting all your cool point from huh? Administering them to yourself as a Moderator or did you spectacular shine just come about naturally? ;)
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	aura.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	9869756
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

This system is rigged
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          This system is rigged
                          New R3V is good ;)
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Well, headed out to meet with Dent Master and let him have his way with the car. Pretty happy with the results... so now back to the regularly scheduled program
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

There's an artfully placed shadow where the dent should be but you can tell it's miles better than before. What did you hit?

Also, really loving the finish of the SSR's on this car.

Comment

Originally posted by luckybk View Post
                                There's an artfully placed shadow where the dent should be but you can tell it's miles better than before. What did you hit?

Also, really loving the finish of the SSR's on this car.
                                Thanks, I think the SSRs have complimented pretty much every E30 they have been on, but they go particularly well with this one.

As for the dent, some idiot using his back up camera and not actually looking backed into me in a parking lot. Luckily, a quote requiring paint and body work VS an hour with the PDR guy means that I have some leftover cash for a 3-pedal conversion, amongst other things
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X