No announcement yet.

my new nurburgring whip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sucks that the only updates I have for my lovely E30 is vids of the E28 doing what the E30 should be doing! None the less, I had a fun time today out at the auto-x, and again got the class win & top PAX time!!!

Here is a super trendy instagram photo of the E30 as it hibernates this summer.

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

we need another canyon run video eric!!
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        Here is a super trendy instagram photo of the E30 as it hibernates this summer.
        That's backwards...it should be hibernating in the winter :(

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          That's backwards...it should be hibernating in the winter :(
          You Sir found the sarcasm hidden within the sentence. +5 internets.

Comment

Today I picked up the tires. I had them balanced on the Hunter Roadforce machine, and they took very little weight for such a big tire!

As soon as I got home, I was able to steal a bit of time in the garage, and test fit these monsters on the car.

a "bit" of trimming is going to be needed.

clearance on the inside of the wheel well is a bit tight! This is the backside of the wheel well by the muffler section.

This is the clearance between the wheel and the trailing arm

Since the E30 is still broken, I've been taking the E28 out to the local BMWCCA auto-x. The way the point system works for classing, the M5 is at the very very very top of DS, so I've been doing pretty good in that class. Plus because of the handicap they give DS for the overal PAX score, I've been winning that too! To be honest, this is the first time I've won at any type of competitive venue... pretty cool feeling! :up:

Comment

Wow, wow, wow. Thats sick!

Comment

one of the local guys here who runs 245/45/16 under those flares, they seem just as wider as yours though.

sigpic

Comment

duude! u are booking it! good job! want to do an auto-x soon so bad!
                  1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                  1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                  1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                  guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                  Originally posted by ak-
                  Must of slid into Rob

Comment

That wheel and tire combo looks awesome! Very beastly!
                    S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                    What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Looking good!
                      Those are some tight fitting wheels, the inside clearance might need to be enlarged a bit if you want to avoid rubbing.

Comment

You are a madman.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Today I picked up the tires. I had them balanced on the Hunter Roadforce machine, and they took very little weight for such a big tire!
                          Holy sexual post Eric!

Those look uhmazing.
                          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

What is the width of those lips and final width? It's such a gorgeous track wheel setup!
                            S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                            What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                            Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Very cool!
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                                What is the width of those lips and final width? It's such a gorgeous track wheel setup!
                                17x10.5 up front (7.5" barrel + .5" center + 2.5" lip) et 26 offset. +20mm VAC spacers to clear the willwoods.

and 17x11 rears (7.5" barrel + .5" center + 3" lip) et19 offset. +10mm to clear the willwoods & the trailing arms & the backside of the bodywork.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, I hope this next wave up upgrades really brings the car together!

This is tempting too...

Comment

Working...
                                X