• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the timer!!!
    sigpic84 325e

Comment

Originally posted by Jonhansen View Post

Funny you should ask me that! because she smells... a lot. I was beginning to question it, but I'm also having some issues with my tune and I've noticed that it is running very rich at idle (11:1) so I think I need to handle that issue before I have a better idea, but I have a feeling it is going to stink even once I have the fuel trims in order...I guess we will see. Car is headed back to the tuner next week so I will update you when it is back.

I'm waiting for a variable TPS off an M50 and Adapter Plate to run on the throttle body so I can get a reliable reading from the pedal. I was scratching my head on it, since I bench tested the OE sensor and it was reading fine and the wires checked out OK.. However, I was unaware that the factory M20 TPS did not work the same way as the Variable that was required for MS (probably should've read the instructions) ha
      Good luck with the tuner! I suspect the smell will get better after your tuning session and the idle AFR is corrected. I actually discovered I overfilled my oil last time I topped it off and I believe part of my smell was burning oil on top of going catless because it's not nearly as bad now. So hopefully your catless experience isn't all that bad :)

I bet you'll notice better drivability with the variable TPS, that's a must have from what I understand.

Badass rally clock!

Comment

Originally posted by 808ETA View Post
        Love the timer!!!
        Thanks!

Builds:
        - 1986 BMW 325es M20B27 Turbo
        - 2001 Subaru Forester Sh!tbox 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post

Good luck with the tuner! I suspect the smell will get better after your tuning session and the idle AFR is corrected. I actually discovered I overfilled my oil last time I topped it off and I believe part of my smell was burning oil on top of going catless because it's not nearly as bad now. So hopefully your catless experience isn't all that bad :)

I bet you'll notice better drivability with the variable TPS, that's a must have from what I understand.

Badass rally clock!
          Updates! So the TPS definitely helped a lot. Since my tuning session is still a while out, my friend advised to at least run the Auto-Tune Software that works on TunerStudio MS and to be honest, I was a little hesitant. But after calibrating the TPS and driving around the back fields, I noticed a huge improvement in the fuel trims.

- Idle is much smoother
          - The amount of very loud back fires on decel have dropped to minimum
          - Overall Fuel Trims seem much more stable
          - At idle, the car is still pretty stanky, but maybe a real tuning session will help.

Throttle looked pretty clean for having about 600 miles on it now

Bmw by Jonathan Hansen, on Flickr

New TPS sensor and Squared Motorwerks 3D Printed Plate

All back together

After a few days of grey skies and rain, I took advantage of the clear skies and went ripping out in the fields and did some logging/auto-tuning. I only pulled over because I picked up a rock chip in the brake dust shield, but when the lighting is spot on... you take pics right?

Builds:

Comment

Damn, that road in the last few pics looks like a nice spot to see just how fast you can go, no room for the law to be hiding out either.
            '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
              Damn, that road in the last few pics looks like a nice spot to see just how fast you can go, no room for the law to be hiding out either.
              Haha yes sir, it’s a nice road. We’re fortunate to have some fields pretty close to home. Just a few blocks over used to be “the spot” to run em at night but the cops soon figured that out

Luckily during the day, they don’t seem to come out here and bother anyone.

Builds:

Comment

Wonderful picture! Background worthy! Looks like a great road and day to go ripping!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Thanks for all the positive vibes guys.

I don't have much to report or update. I've just been doing some maintenance:
                  - Replaced Blower Resistor so I could have more than Full MAX on my fan speed haha
                  - Oil Service
                  - Valve Adjustment
                  - Re-Torqued the ARP Head Studs
                  - Checked Spark Plugs

Can't wait to get this over to my friends shop and start tuning for some power!

Builds:

Comment

Hey Awesome build man, this thread is freakin sweet. I have pretty much the exact same Trim E30 as you funnily enough, white 86' ES with an 885 head swap. I was hoping to get some insight if you don't mind, as I'm also wanting to build for boost. What pistons are you running, did you stick with the flat top "e" pistons? Is the MS PNP worth it, or would you go a different route now having lived with it a bit? What injectors are you running?

Hopefully you got this thing fully tuned, excited to see what kind of boost and power you were able to squeeze out of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X