March 2020 Car of the Month: reelizmpro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 2020 Car of the Month: reelizmpro

***Editors Note: I rarely will feature a member twice here, but if you know of Barry's E30 Collection we could cover 1/2 the year and each month would be fantastic. He originally wanted to feature this car when I featured his M3, but I needed M3 content (seriously, you M3 guys where are your cars?!) I knew I was going to eventually feature this car and the timing worked out for this one. Congrats Barry another Car of the Month for you!***
    • Factory Options : euro grey market 323i with sport leather seats, power sunroof, sport 3 spoke steering wheel and decklid spoiler.

Color: Alpineweiss

Interior Color: Blue (converted to black)

Engine: OBD1 S52

Exhaust: custom single 3" with resonator and Magnaflow rear muffler

Transmission: ZF 5 speed

Differential: MZ3 3.23LSD with finned cover.

Suspension: H&R Race springs/Bilstein sport shocks, adjustable rear subframe with poly bushings.

Wheels: 17x8 Style 5's with Blox 18mm adapters.

Exterior mods: CEP M tech 1 kit

Interior mods: rewrapped M tech 1 wheel with trim color stitching, leather shift and E brake boot. Reupholstered seats.

Story: I was toying with the idea of adding an early model with euro bumpers to my stable. I almost bought a us spec Henna but a friend Michael Carey told me about this euro spec 85 323i he had sold someone. It wasn't Henna but it was a genuine euro car with original euro bumpers. He put me in touch with the owner who happened to live in the next city over from me. He was not an E30 guy and had given up on fixing it. I ended up getting the car for a song and the rest is history. This car brings me back to my roots as my first car was an 85 325e which my mom had bought new in 84. Unfortunately, it was rear ended and totaled in 98. Believe it or not...the door panels and floor mats from that 325e are now in this 323i!

And heres what he started with!...

Last edited by 2mAn; 03-01-2020, 06:44 PM.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Glad that you showed the "before," I always love seeing the starting point to better appreciate the final product. Beautiful car! I'm impressed with the fitment of the MTech kit.
    '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Just needs two more doors to be perfect.

Comment

I love the mt1 kit so much. That CEP kit looks great.
        Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
        COTM Aug 2019

Comment

What a transformation. Beautiful car!

Comment

Amazing!!!

Congrats on COTM!
            1990 325i
            2004 330i Individual 6-speed
            sigpic

Comment

What a great looking car! I've been toying with the idea of an early model lately and this is perfect.

Also, I didn't know they made M Tech 1 side skirts that weren't flared. I like the look of those.
              '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
              '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
                What a great looking car! I've been toying with the idea of an early model lately and this is perfect.

Also, I didn't know they made M Tech 1 side skirts that weren't flared. I like the look of those.
                Thanks. I wasn't sure about the side skirts but they grew on me. I also noticed BMW used this style of skirt on the SA 333i.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Sweet ride! Always hated that importers drilled into the rear quarters for the side markers when they could have easily put them in the bumpers just like any USDM car :(
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Congratulations! Car looks tits!
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Wow that's really nice. +1 Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                      X