No announcement yet.

The Super Nuova...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring on the compliments. This was the first mod I wanted to do and boy oh boy am I glad it was at the top of my list. Looks fantastic and it’s a solid 5-10 footer right now. Once my fresh pair of gaskets arrive and the wiring is done then it will be done... and then it will be on to the next item on my checklist.

Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Friday was an easy day at work so I snuck out early to see how the Giulia does on a drive up to Newcombs Ranch, all the way up Angeles Crest Highway. Lotsa body roll and lotsa leaning in the seat, but she made it. Can’t wait for the Alfaholics Suspension !...

Was chasing my buddy in his 914 with a 2.7 flat 6 swap. Needless to say, this car was flat and cruising at 5/10 while I was hustling to keep up with it haha

Dorian of DV Mechanics was there with this amazing sounding Sprint along with a lovely lady who was driving the GTV.
      I call this the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Was a nice view on the way back down, best pic I could get while cruising back down the mountain

Last edited by 2mAn; 06-26-2021, 09:34 PM.
      Simon
      Current Cars:

Comment

I'm going to pretend that the speedo is MPH, it's more fun that way.

Comment

holy hell simon this is your coolest one yet. hows it feel on the road?

Comment

i have some googly eyes that'll fit. i'll bring them to the next midtown meet.
            sigpic

Comment

Holy heck, I just noticed that the clock is slightly askew. Burn it.

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                i have some googly eyes that'll fit. i'll bring them to the next midtown meet.
                I’m not sure but bring it. The problem is the spot has bent metal so there would need to be a verrryyyy small googly eye. I had a variety pack with a bunch of sizes and the smallest one still wasn’t small enough
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

"Lotsa body roll and lotsa leaning in the seat, but she made it. Can’t wait for the Alfaholics Suspension !..."

Hopefully the GTA-R Suspension Package!

sigpic

Comment

Yea I bought this one

Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

dang this thing is too damn cool. I saw one similar to this on Jerry Seinfield's Comedians in Cars getting Coffee. It's seriously beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                        It's seriously beautiful.
                        In Italiano per favore.

Comment

You have good taste in cars! Whats the drive feel like compared to the Datsun?
                          -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Looking great! I love those era of Alfa wheels.

Interestingly enough I’ve seen a lot of Alfa popping up lately.

A grey one in the neighborhood just yesterday in fact.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
                              You have good taste in cars! Whats the drive feel like compared to the Datsun?
                              Thanks, I actually wanted this in lieu of the Datsun but I was aiming more towards a vintage race car and the Datsun was the better choice even though it never made it that far. It was a great experience though, for sure.

This one certainly is down on power compared to the Datsun, yet also much quieter as it actually has mufflers and an airbox. I’ll fix those problems soon enough!

As far as shifting, drivetrain and Cabin feel I’d say this one has an advantage in many ways, though the suspension is in dire need of the refresh that is next on the list. I think at that point I’ll really see the massive improvement of the Alfa’s suspension setup.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Well, good news and bad news...

Good!

Bad!

In case you cant tell, one is the Ultra Leggera version and the other is the "regular" leggera version. They also forgot my lightweight front spring pans... but at least most of the stuff is here.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X