The Super Nuova...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    Fresh TAs and suspension look good in there. Are you just waiting on the sheetmetal to do the rust repair?
    I'll get to the rust repair ... someday... Replacement sheetmetal is available through Classic Alfa, which I will order one the car is driving again. The front suspension looks like it will be even more fun than the rear. We'll see
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Will you be cleaning those wheel wells now that you have shiny new suspension in there or am I the only weirdo that does something like that?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
        Will you be cleaning those wheel wells now that you have shiny new suspension in there or am I the only weirdo that does something like that?
        I think the irony is that by the time the wheel wells are cleaned up (probably when the rust repair is done) the suspension components will mostly match the current look of the wheel wells. This would of course lead to suspension rebuild 2.0, spray paint edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
          No way. I might do a pressure washing of the wheel wells and undercarriage once its running, but this is something I tell myself I will do on every car Ive owned and to-date Ive never done it haha

Will this car be different? We'll see
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

No way. I might do a pressure washing of the wheel wells and undercarriage once its running, but this is something I tell myself I will do on every car Ive owned and to-date Ive never done it haha

Will this car be different? We'll see
            Commit to doing that as step one on the next project. Nothing betters informs the work needed than a clean engine bay and underside. Also, working in grease and having stuff fall on you while you do work is icky.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Commit to doing that as step one on the next project. Nothing betters informs the work needed than a clean engine bay and underside. Also, working in grease and having stuff fall on you while you do work is icky.
              How else do I know that Im working hard if Im not covered in dirt when Im done?
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

How else do I know that Im working hard if Im not covered in dirt when Im done?
                If you need to feel good about it and/or prove that you were working on the car you can just vacuum the street near you and liberally apply the collected material to the face/scalp/arms. Bonus, your neighbors will think you are completely insane and will not bother you any further.

Also, this could be your ticket to YouTube stardom.

Comment

I didn't see YT stardom in the recent video, but I did see one of the best IG handle shares I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    I didn't see YT stardom in the recent video, but I did see one of the best IG handle shares I've ever seen.
                    LOL Do you believe that absolutely none of my talking is scripted?... also annoyingly, Im moving that handle over from my personal page to the car page and Instagram locks it out for two weeks which means my car-page should officially be @the_tuman_show by the weekend.... for now its just @tuman_show which while good, is nowhere near as good.

Anyways, My buddy came by the other day and we circumcised the T-Bar bolts. Then last night after a little fiddling with the rear shocks.... shes slammed!

Just to give you guys an idea. Once I got the bolts in, the tapered ends started to poke out with plenty of thread left to go.

The Shadow ruins the pic, but also shows just how far out the bolt was and still had to go

Just the tip

Chopped down, Lubed up and balls deep

For those that dont know what the Toaster is talking about, you need to be subscribed with notifications ON otherwise you will never be FIRST. He is always FIRST. So you know, SMASH that like button. SmASH the bell and SMASH the keyboard and leave me a comment or like

In slightly related news, The Man, the Myth, the LEGEND Glen proved me wrong by supplying a googly eye that DOES fit in the tight space, so stay tuned for an un-blurred license plate pic
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

For those that dont know what the Toaster is talking about, you need to be subscribed with notifications ON otherwise you will never be FIRST. He is always FIRST. So you know, SMASH that like button. SmASH the bell and SMASH the keyboard and leave me a comment or like

In slightly related news, The Man, the Myth, the LEGEND Glen proved me wrong by supplying a googly eye that DOES fit in the tight space, so stay tuned for an un-blurred license plate pic
                      I'm a rebel, I don't click the bell.

Can't wait to eyeball the googly eyeball.

Comment

Subscribed Ha
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm a bad subscriber, I haven't watched anything since June
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                            I'm a bad subscriber, I haven't watched anything since June
                            I dont think I had a video since June lol

Im a bad YouTuber.

Mike36 I expect you to call out all the filth on my channel now
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Made these to drop the front springs out which means I can get started on the front!

Got the front in the air last night, got the wheels off and got dirty. Front swaybar and front shocks are out, but the rest is soaking in PB Blaster. I will get some work done tonight, but thats about it for about a week. Hoping to get most of the old stuff out so when I come back I can start the reassembly. We'll see !
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Made these to drop the front springs out which means I can get started on the front!

Hope they work! I always hate when the grade 3 bublegum hardware doesn't last till the 1 off job is done.

Smash - 1 like = 1 prayer

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                                X