No announcement yet.

It has box flares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head opened minute before total disaster.

Comment

I think it was driven like this for a while, actually, just with a progressively worse misfire. No obvious damage to piston or bore. I talked to the machine shop guy for a while and he explained that this kind of failure starts as a narrow crack that then widens as hot oxygen moving through it acts similarly to an oxy-acetylene torch. So, there's no big piece of valve that was ejected, as I understand.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Door cards look great- I did a very similar thing to the pulls & pockets on mine so they matched the vinyl on the cards.
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Man, AC Schnitzer wheels compliment M3's perfectly.

Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

small update - I got the car with a mismatched silver rear seat. After a long search, I found someone in Germany with a stashed natur rear seat cover takeoff, and he kindly brought it with him on a business trip to the states and mailed it to me. Some hog-ringing later, most of the M3's interior is finally of a similar color and patina.

before:

freshly recovered:

installed:

While waiting for these covers in the mail, the car got 96+ E36 control arms, an S3.46, and a dogleg I had stashed.

Next up - PDR, chasing clunks, and opening the pandora's box behind the head unit.
            cars beep boop

Comment

nice updates, keep em coming
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Juicy

What dogleg did you use? I have been hoarding one from a euro 635 for my car that I'll never get around to installing

This update makes me wonder what mr greer did with my orignal back seat leather that he recovered.... if it's in the trunk of my car I'll be sad to know that i failed to help you
                1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Excellent thread, I love seeing an E30 M3 brought back up to snuff!

How do you like the 96+ E36M3 control arms? Did it make that much of a difference for you in centering the front wheels? They are on my long-term list.
                  '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                    Juicy

What dogleg did you use? I have been hoarding one from a euro 635 for my car that I'll never get around to installing

This update makes me wonder what mr greer did with my orignal back seat leather that he recovered.... if it's in the trunk of my car I'll be sad to know that i failed to help you
                    That would be pretty funny! no worries, though, I was lucky to find this set. I think with a bit of sun and heat it'll sit on my foam a little better. Fix your car tho.

I used a dogleg I had stashed out of a euro 528e shell I picked up many years ago. It had had a whole m535i rebuilt into it at some point. That shell ended up donating all of its euro bits to my old E28 M5, the motor went into a 535iS, transmission ended up in this car. Miraculously, the shell itself ended up getting saved and rebuilt into this car - https://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139703

Overall really pleased it ended up helping so many other cars and got saved itself in the end.

Anyway, uh, it should be the same dogleg as a euro 6 gets.

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                    How do you like the 96+ E36M3 control arms? Did it make that much of a difference for you in centering the front wheels? They are on my long-term list.
                    ​The wheels are fully centered now. Unfortunately, it moved my rubbing from the back of the wheel well to the front.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                    X