Bought a POS, this is R3Vs fault

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    Yeah, leave the wrap/sticker stuff to someone who does it every single day.

    Meanwhile my 100 series still has some leftover wrap and glue, but it's october and I don't wash it since it lives in the sun and well, looks just bad, so it's a zombie apocolyse theme again for the 3rd year in a row.
    Someday I'll pay someone to remove it all (my attempt on a hot summer day did not get good results, I got like 80% of it, but I never want a wrapped car again. Also, a garage big enough to keep literally every project from cooking in the sun. Annnyways.

    Running E30s are super cool and fun, what's next for this thing?

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    hopefully the 240d was in the back

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Panici
    I hate putting on stickers and large ones are just the worst. So you are not alone.
    I seem to recall a method with sprayed (soap?) and water to allow positioning before the glue grabs..
    I might try that, the hood and trunk didnt come out perfect either, but for this car "good enough" is actually great haha

    Leave a comment:


  • Panici
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    I joked with them that I was going to make my car faster by adding some more stickers. Time was limited but I busted out the rest of the Martini stripes and wanted to complete the look by running them down the side of the car as I had originally planned. This did not go to plan at all...
    I hate putting on stickers and large ones are just the worst. So you are not alone.
    I seem to recall a method with sprayed (soap?) and water to allow positioning before the glue grabs.

    But it's been quite some time since I attempted stripes (on the track R6) and they came out crooked and with bubbles too.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    I was planning on going to this rally called the Targaflorio, but family plans forced me to cancel... luckily the Project Cars Anonymous group was "having a meeting" and were driving up Highway 33. If you don't know about Highway 33, here in California its considered one of the best roads... but I have never driven it so I took this opportunity to do it.

    I joked with them that I was going to make my car faster by adding some more stickers. Time was limited but I busted out the rest of the Martini stripes and wanted to complete the look by running them down the side of the car as I had originally planned. This did not go to plan at all... I was having a hard time getting it perfectly aligned then I had the bright idea to use my wifes hair dryer to help stretch the sticker to get the creases and bubbles out... well THAT was a bad idea and I basically ruined it....



    Might try it again later but I will need to one more fresh stripe, but I think I have enough left to complete the portion that goes over the car, but not sure I want to. Thoughts?
    [

    This was the only pic I took at the rally. Was up front with the fast, but not lunatic drivers. I basically was chasing the ISF grinning the whole time.


    After this stop at the Fire Station, there was extremely long and isolated straightaways and a few cars were well into the triple digit speeds. The sole e60 M5 claimed he saw a "GPS Verified" 205mph... My E30 was pinned at v-max on the speedo for several minutes straight. The last part of the drive was ~30 miles to the restaurant which took like 15 minutes to arrive. Do the math haha

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    You coulda had a Lotus….
    Still do... update coming soon

    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    that thing needs to be rolled into the ocean

    good for content making if you're into that i guess

    maybe sentimental

    maybe mental

    who knows.
    making 'good' content is what a youtube channel is supposed to do, mine is no example of good content.

    definitely mental lol

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    that thing needs to be rolled into the ocean

    good for content making if you're into that i guess

    maybe sentimental

    maybe mental

    who knows.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    You coulda had a Lotus….

    Leave a comment:


  • dirty30
    replied
    I owned a 76 for about 10 years, they are great cars and fun to drive but fair weather cars for sure. Too hot and cramped in the summer and I didn't dare drive it in the winter because they rust like nobody's business, even a galvanized car like mine. I looked at the porsche and my bmw and had to really make a hard decision on which one would go and in the end I sold the porsche. My bmw just works better as old drivable car plus it would smoke any old porsche aside from a turbo.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chilezen
    replied
    If I had the time and was crazy (one of which is true), I would (and could) build a tube frame chassis on a jig table, and then plop that beat up shell on top of it. Anything less would be.. dangerous.
    Basically what Mike is doing with his F40 shell. But this is the hillbilly version of it.
    Last edited by Chilezen; 09-26-2026, 02:14 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by Panici
    Now THAT is a project.
    I guess values are high enough that it's worth fixing a car like that?
    I think it's more for content (Donut), but basically seems like a good way to get into one/make a restoration of this scale feasible.

    I'm all for it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dj Buttchug
    replied
    Saw a 911 Carrera same body style go for over a million at a Mecum auction. I'm not really a well versed Porsche snob but they are super valuable.

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Well I guess if early a decent early 318i with a 325 swap was over $30k people would be buying 325is shells that look like that to fix up. I think I have my analogy right, the only 911 vs 912 ID feature I can see is the engine cradle mounts. Classic 911s are Hemi Charger tier for how far gone a car can be before people just scrap it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Panici
    replied
    Now THAT is a project.
    I guess values are high enough that it's worth fixing a car like that?

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Paid a visit to another R3V member to help with his Porsche project ...


    and you thought I was crazy

    Leave a comment:

Working...