Bought a POS, this is R3Vs fault

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2mAn
    replied
    Well, as I expected the sunroof panel is not as straight forward as expected. Remember earlier when I installed the new panel and seal? Well the seal is making the panel refuse to drop down to allow sliding back. And since I cant slide the sunroof back I cant get to the two bolts off which are holding the panel on... so its getting pushed to the side for now. While I was messing with that I also discovered something else. The antenna seal is MIA and while I have a replacement (also fun to install if you've ever done it) I noticed a nice puddle in that side trunk pocket where the factory jack lives.



    I was in the mood for destruction, but didnt want to get too wild, so I grabbed a drill bit and have relieved the puddle


    Also, what have you guys told Kevan to do!?... this was clearly NOT what I wanted when I said I didnt like the way the tips looked....

    Leave a comment:


  • uturn
    replied
    Peel back the door seals some to reveal the overlap.
    Open the sunroof and remove the front trim piece and reveal the overlap.
    Visor mount pieces.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by reelizmpro
    This job is pretty straightforward.
    It looks like its just the visor pieces that go through, but I think theres more out there. Can you be more specific so Im not scratching my head halfway through

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    This job is pretty straightforward.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by OSAH racing
    My Mom doesn't have one. I am sure Magnus has one, but he and I are not buddies. The Prototipo may not be your choice (subjective) here, but it just works on almost everything.
    you know... my mom doesnt either. maybe I was exaggerating a little

    Anyways... one other item that was high on the list was the deteriorating front headliner panel (is that what its called?). I managed to find a good looking one in Northern California, just a 'short' drive from my parents house so I bought it a few weeks back and elected for local pickup. The thought of a 40 year old panel being handled by underpaid transporters injected fear into what would arrive, so anyways while I was up in Central California for TurkeyDay I took a little afternoon trip to pick it up.



    Not perfect (are any of them perfect) but good enough for me to replace the ruined panel. I will be reinforcing these brittle areas before I install, but theres a few bad spots and some vinyl peeling back that all need attention first...



    I'm naively believing this will be an easy install.. Any installation tips?

    Leave a comment:


  • OSAH racing
    replied
    My Mom doesn't have one. I am sure Magnus has one, but he and I are not buddies. The Prototipo may not be your choice (subjective) here, but it just works on almost everything.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Meh, Prototipo are cool but everyone and their mamas got one...

    I have the center pad but the tiny little screws are missing... If I find em I might reinstall it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Panici
    replied
    Originally posted by OSAH racing
    Looks are Subjective. The sport wheel is Boring. Prototipo is all ways the answer.

    a902f9dc9602eb0b440271d4266ca42c.jpg (2768×2768)
    I do like the look of that. What diameter is it?

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    Well this could get interesting...

    Last edited by DEV0 E30; 12-02-2025, 08:20 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • OSAH racing
    replied
    Looks are Subjective. The sport wheel is Boring. Prototipo is all ways the answer.

    a902f9dc9602eb0b440271d4266ca42c.jpg (2768×2768)

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    I like the oem steering wheel. I’m glad I saved my original steering wheels.

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    Early sport wheel? is never cared about but I agree, it just works. I do like the formels when they center piece is on, that may change my mind.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chilezen
    replied
    idk man that original steering wheel has more character than the replacement

    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    Anti-Alcantara member reporting for duty.

    Rip that shit off gang

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Chilezen

    Don't tell Simon, but I'm going to make the tips stick out LONGER


    Before I left town for the week, I had to install the new, but nearly 43 year old steering wheel.

    Before:


    After:


    At some point, the wheel got covered by some alcantara which is now doing what old alcantara does so Im not sure how long I will leave it on... Might just take it off and reveal the old, tired leather.

    Leave a comment:

Working...