Don't tell Simon, but I'm going to make the tips stick out LONGER
Bought a POS, this is R3Vs fault
Collapse
X
-
I know everyone has been excited about the muffler and I've been quiet about it for a few reasons. One you caught, which was how PROUD it was to stick out behind the car. When we first mocked it up I didn't have the bumper tuck / High Dive installed so it looked like it was going to be fairly close. However, once we cut the old muffler Magnaflow out we were committed to it so the hope was that least it was going to sound... and sadly it was nearly silent ... so theres two issues to deal with. First was to give the tips a tuck... a little snip. So its off now and Chilezen is going to spent some more time on this exhaust.

The other thing I was working on in the background was to replace the steering wheel, and just like the SSRs that I wanted, I thought I would reach out to the current owner of the (no-longer) Aluminum Monster to see if I could pry the Italvolanti back from him and throwing more and more money at him finally got it back in my hands. Had it sent to my work as was stoked to be distracted from work for a few minutes.

Its currently raining a lot in SoCal and were about to leave for a week, but I hope to get the wheel back on the car before I head out. The exhaust will be ready after I get back. I will post more pics of the exhaust to do a before and after once I have the after.😘 1Leave a comment:
-
-
What kind of clear did you use?
Sucks that it threw off the colourmatch.Leave a comment:
-
One of the annoying items on the car was a sunroof panel that was rusting from within. Some larger bumps would shower me with lovely rust dust... so luckily the car included a replacement rust-free sunroof panel and some alpine white paint. After painting it, the color was a great match however it didn't have a glossy finish. Adding a few coats of clearcoat somehow added a yellow-ish tint ... sigh...
Regardless I had been sitting on this part waiting for the motivation and finally found it. Got the old panel off, but with a slight issue. The retaining nut was turning inside the housing so I tried to cut the head of the bolt off since I had a spare... but the heat actually melted the plastic that was holding the nut

And Now its out, and in the trash

Installed a brand new sunroof seal

I guess this is better
Leave a comment:
-
-
-
That's pretty cool to see an internet personality in real life. The closest I've got lately is seeing a random dude wearing a Tony Angelo sweatshirt the other day.Leave a comment:
-
I explored splitting it, but figured I would end up with a broken grille VS a PITA masking job doing a 'good enough' refresh on the grille... chose the latterLeave a comment:
-
The grill does come apart, if you drill out the plastic sort of spot welds.Leave a comment:
-
Just saw this thread!
Looking good so far. Makes me miss driving my E30, need to get it out next summer.
Too late now, but I could have sworn the grille splits apart. I don't remember masking off the chrome when I painted mine.Leave a comment:
-
SoCal Vintage was great as usual, but sadly I was there for only about 100 minutes. This pic at the entrance is a good snap shot of the variety you see. My POS, a Baur & a RHD Touring.

I spent more time chatting with friends than actually looking at BMWs... oh well, at least I remembered to take a pic of my car.

On my way home, I saw Mr Speeeeeeeeed Co himself James Pumphrey. He was also at the show and departed early. Bad pic, because Im not a photographer... and was driving.

🥰 2Leave a comment:
-
Seeing the difference between the painted and non-painted sections of your grill makes me think I should probably paint my grill.
Your car is coming along nice!👍 1Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: