Project KEEP MOVING FORWARD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonWilson48
    I also reconciled my car spending excel sheet I keep. This tracks all my "fun" cars I've had over the past few years. Try to keep a running tally of how much I lost or made on each car I own. It is not fun looking at how many parts I ordered for everything, but is good to keep me on track and keep me focused on only buying things right now that are essential to getting the car running.
    I have one of these also... Its titled "DONT LOOK" for obvious reasons.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonWilson48
    replied
    Update #4

    Little progress was made since last post. I've been busy. I got ahead of myself and put the Koseis on for some quick shots. I know they've been put on E30s plenty before, but this is the first set I've owned... and they look SICK.





    Only real progress I've made is on the front suspension. I removed the old rack, control arms, sway bar, and coilovers. And I got my E46 purple tag swapped in with new inner and outer tie rods. I need to figure out the connection to the steering column as my wrecked E30 looks like it had an extended shaft of sorts. I might just swap over the whole steering column, but that seems like I a lot of extra work. Trying to avoid that for now if I can make this one work.

    My engine is sitting there staring at me while I work. I want to get that thing in so bad. Giving me motivation to keep chugging along.












    Leave a comment:


  • JasonWilson48
    replied
    Update #3

    Cleaned up and organized a little bit... Took inventory of everything I have and everything I still needed. Placed hopefully my last order for parts today. I also reconciled my car spending excel sheet I keep. This tracks all my "fun" cars I've had over the past few years. Try to keep a running tally of how much I lost or made on each car I own. It is not fun looking at how many parts I ordered for everything, but is good to keep me on track and keep me focused on only buying things right now that are essential to getting the car running. All extra fluff accessories can wait until later.















    Leave a comment:


  • JasonWilson48
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Is that a honda element
    I beat the shit out of this thing. The K24 just keeps on going. Basically my work truck and daily.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonWilson48
    replied
    Originally posted by lukem23
    Jason, i picked up the suspension and 5 lug swap from you. Very nice to meet you and good luck with the project.
    Small World! It was great meeting you man. Maybe when I get this car up and going, I'll have to drive out to you and check out the M3.

    Leave a comment:


  • lukem23
    replied
    Jason, i picked up the suspension and 5 lug swap from you. Very nice to meet you and good luck with the project.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Is that a honda element

    Leave a comment:


  • Panici
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonWilson48

    Oh, don't worry. There is still a ton of stuff I need to pull off of there. I just got to a point where I had everything I needed off of it to start the shell swap. I was also losing some steam only working on the wrecked car. So I'm going to start with the new shell, and keep pulling parts from the wrecked car as I go. At least, thats my plan for now until I'm forced to get rid of the shell due to space restrictions or whatever.
    Yeah that makes sense.
    End up with a car that's closer to complete instead of a pile of parts.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonWilson48
    replied
    Originally posted by McGyver
    Great progress, but I hope you're stripping more off the shell!
    Oh, don't worry. There is still a ton of stuff I need to pull off of there. I just got to a point where I had everything I needed off of it to start the shell swap. I was also losing some steam only working on the wrecked car. So I'm going to start with the new shell, and keep pulling parts from the wrecked car as I go. At least, thats my plan for now until I'm forced to get rid of the shell due to space restrictions or whatever.

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    Great progress, but I hope you're stripping more off the shell!

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Keep going!

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonWilson48
    replied
    Update #1

    I bought an injector rebuild kit from Race German as some of the pintles broke while removing the fuel rail.



    I dropped the fuel tank and removed all fuel and brake lines from wrecked shell. Don't have a ton of pictures from that. Here is a photo I took of the fuel filter before a cup of gasoline went down my entire sleeve.



    Here is the suspension I bought to go back to 4 lug. I still need top hats, spring pads, and a single axle nut for one of the struts.



    Here is the night I swapped the shells from inside to outside.

















    Damn cheap Amazon caster broke on me. I was pissed when this happened. It was late and I was tired, and wanted to be done for the night. Might have woke the neighbors with my cursing.



    A little more organized.







    Sold the Mtech2 370mm wheel and 5 lug setup. Still deciding on selling the M3 cluster clone or not.







    Did all the easy engine gaskets minus the front and rear timing covers. (OFHG, Valve cover, oil pan, rear main seal)





    You can see the gas tank behind the engine in this pic. Don't mind my mess of a garage floor right now. It will be cleaned now that the suspension and subframes are gone, and engine work is done.




    Here are the 15x7 Kosei K1s I got.



    Got the flywheel, and new clutch and pressure plate installed. Engine work is done and going in the corner for now.




















    Leave a comment:


  • JasonWilson48
    replied
    AWDBOB I got a set of 14" basketweaves and 15x7 Kosei K1s for cheap, that I am going to clean up and use. They will either be a Summer/Winter or road/track tire setup between the two sets.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonWilson48
    replied
    Originally posted by Panici
    Following along!

    Have you thought about a removable core support for the new shell?
    I did one on my E30 and it makes pulling/installing an engine easy. Have removed three times and installed twice, so very glad I did it to start off with.
    I wasn't planning on it. Might be a future project. I don't plan on taking the engine out again anytime soon, and I don't want to add more to my list to get the car up and running.

    Leave a comment:


  • Swoozley Macklin
    replied
    Congrats on the new shell! Pumped to see another local. I'm right outside in bucks lol

    Leave a comment:

Working...