Alpine Redemption

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AWDBOB
    hooptie connoisseur
    • Aug 2013
    • 4492

    #1

    Alpine Redemption

    If you've followed the hooptie journey at all you may remember the infamous "Texas Holdem", a rust free fresh paint white late 325iS I had shipped in from TX that "just needed a few small things". I lost a year of free time to that car after it turned out to be a basket case. After moving that car along I had a broken spirit, but the void for a nicer coupe remained.

    A few weeks ago a buddy in southern IN reached out saying his brother's Alpine over Cardinal '87 325iS might be available soon, and that I should come down and take a look.

    He sent a few photos and I did just that.

    It has been sitting for a while after the engine mounts failed and oil pan cracked being loaded onto the transport truck, so it's desperate for a detail.

    I'm going to put the correct transmission in the car and clean it up over winter to see what we might have.

    The car is rust free and has mostly original paint as far as I can tell. I looked it over pretty extensively for accident damage and found nothing.

    They already did Konis/H&Rs, staggered Alpina wheels, and generally looked after the car pretty well.

    Pretty excited to get this project underway! I figured this one deserved its own thread.

    Untitled by bimmertown, on Flickr
    Untitled by bimmertown, on Flickr
    Untitled by bimmertown, on Flickr
    1989 Hooptie 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread
  • 2mAn
    SeƱior Mod
    • Aug 2010
    • 20972

    #2
    87 325is > M3
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1966 Blue Boat
    -1969 Red VW
    -1986 White BMW
    -2006 Green Thing

    Make R3V Great Again -2020

    Comment

    • iXguido
      Mod Crazy
      • Nov 2009
      • 731

      #3
      Subbed for some early model alpine love

      Comment

      • JasonWilson48
        Not my real name
        • Jan 2025
        • 233

        #4
        Originally posted by 2mAn
        87 325is > M3
        Step 1: Buy another hooptie
        Step 2: Have it take up all your time
        Step 3: Let currently owned M3 and other E30s sit idle until they require more work from not being driven enough
        Step 4: Repeat step 1
        Step 5: Profit?
        89' Build
        2009 Honda Element (Daily/Beater)

        Comment

        • AWDBOB
          hooptie connoisseur
          • Aug 2013
          • 4492

          #5
          Originally posted by 2mAn
          87 325is > M3
          Originally posted by JasonWilson48

          Step 1: Buy another hooptie
          Step 2: Have it take up all your time
          Step 3: Let currently owned M3 and other E30s sit idle until they require more work from not being driven enough
          Step 4: Repeat step 1
          Step 5: Profit?
          I'd first like to point out that I very much deserve this

          HOWEVER

          I finished the 318 that I m20 swapped and sold it to a buddy cheap who wanted a coupety

          Fixed the fuel leak on my main '89 iS hooptie and drive it often

          and work on the M3 weekly, just waiting on the rear sub and new fuel tank from powder before it's a roller again. No progress to report from machine shop unfortunately but I knew it'd be slow going into it.
          1989 Hooptie 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

          Comment

          Working...